What Bible Verse Says Do Not Be Afraid
Jeremiah 1:8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
1 Samuel 12:20And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart
Genesis 50:19And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
1 Samuel 28:13And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
Isaiah 26:3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Haggai 2:5According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
Psalm 112:1Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
Hebrews 11:23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child and they were not afraid of the kingâs commandment.
Matthew 14:27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer it is I be not afraid.
Psalm 56:3What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
1 Samuel 22:23Abide thou with me, fear not: for he that seeketh my life seeketh thy life: but with me thou shalt be in safeguard.
Romans 13:3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
The Key To Overcoming Fear
The key to overcoming fear is resting on the pillars of the promises of God. Well come back to these pillars in a moment. Look with me for a minute at the verses leading up to verse 10 to see how they intensify these promises and strengthen these pillars.
If the key to fearlessness is believing that God is your God and is with you and will strengthen you and help you and uphold you, then knowing the greatness of this God will intensify your faith and your fearlessness.
You May Like: Does The Bible Say Anything About Living Together Before Marriage
Below Are 15 Verses That Help Put Our Fears Into Perspective
Memorize them. Reflect on them. Write them down. Discuss them. Sing them. May these verses give all of us perspective and reminders of Gods presence with us in and through our fears
Try meditating on these biblical truths alongside this simple, encouraging video where the Bible verses are illustrated to uplifting music:
So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my lifeof whom shall I be afraid?
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
The Lord is with me I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Peace I leave with you my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Read Also: What Are The Seven Sacraments Of The Catholic Church
Bible Verses For Fear
Ive lived a life marked by fear.
Im standing at the door of single motherhood, and Im afraid. Ive known fear for so long. Its been a close companion, Im ashamed to admit it, but its true.
Afraid of abandonment, another affair, secret emails, angry words that stab deeply into my heart, identity and security. Ive known the fear of counting pennies to feed my family. Rationing out gas for my car so we can make it to church and the grocery store that week.
The kind of fear that brings you to your knees, choking on your own tears. Sobbing in the shower so the kids cant hear you, but they still know. A fear that brings the momma bear out, fighting to protect my kids.
My life marked by fear has had grave consequences. Little by little it stole my identity, peace and happiness. I woke up one day and realized I didnt know who I was anymore.
But not anymore. I draw a line in the sand.
I choose to learn to live courageously within the protective arms of the Savior!
Ive been working on me. Call it boundaries. . Call it whatever you wish, but Im finding me now and who I am in Christ.
How Do You Overcome Fear Biblically
Im studying Gods Word everyday. Im worshipping God in the Hard.
Im only putting people in my life that speak encouragement and Gods truth over me.
Im learning discipline in my thought life.
Im speaking Gods truth over myself, my kids and our lives. I keep the list of Do Not Be Afraid Bible Verses close everyday.
In Jesus, I will rest. No longer will I weep and whine, asking Him, why me.
I will choose to ask.. what is next, what do you want me to learn.
I will choose to sit at His feet for a while and soak in His love and authority.
In Him we find the will to survive.
In Him we find the peace we need.
In Him we find the strength to go forward another day.
In Him we find the positive perspective to fight the negative.
In Him we find forgiveness and grace.
In Him we find restoration and redemption.
In Him we find our courage.
In Him we find our protection and provider.
In Him we find our Hiding Place.
In Him we find a love that drives out ALL fear.
In Him we find our Identity.
Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her! Luke 1:45
You May Like: First Baptist Church South Richmond
Be Not Afraid Bible Verse
$23.00 Original Price $23.00
$5.69 Original Price $5.69
$49.99 Original Price $49.99
$2.85 Original Price $2.85
$25.33 Original Price $25.33
$4.06 Original Price $4.06
$32.41 FREE shipping
$52.00 FREE shipping
$25.00 FREE shipping
Jesus Teaches His Disciples In Jerusalem:
- Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars see that you are not alarmed for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
- Mark 13:7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed this must take place, but the end is still to come.
- Luke 21:9 When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified for these things must take place first, but the end will not follow immediately.
Also Check: Where Was Jesus Born In The Bible
Fear Not Bible Verses For Faith
And Jesus answered them, Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. ~ Hebrews 11:6
You believe that God is one you do well. Even the demons believeand shudder! ~ James 2:19
For nothing will be impossible with God. ~ Luke 1:37
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
List Of 365 Fear Not Bible Verses
- Genesis 15:1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
- Genesis 21:17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
- Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.
- Genesis 35:17 And as she was having great difficulty in childbirth, the midwife said to her Dont despair, for you have another son
- Genesis 43:23 Its all right, he said. Dont be afraid. Your God, the God of your father, has given you treasure in your sacks I received your silver. Then he brought Simeon out to them.
- Genesis 46:3 I am God, the God of your father, he said. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.
- Genesis 50:19 But Joseph said to them, Dont be afraid. Am I in the place of God?
- Genesis 50:21 So then, dont be afraid. I will provide for you and your children. And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
- Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
Also Check: 365 Fear Not Bible Verses List
Also Check: What Is Purim In The Bible
Do Not Fear Bible Verses
say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear your God will come, he will come with vengeance with divine retribution he will come to save you. Isaiah 35:4
Peace I leave with you my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
The Difference Between Faith And Fear
Its one thing to read the words, fear not, its quite another to put faith into practice over our fears. Its not always an easy choice, but thats what fear is a choice. Instead, we can choose to:
- Not allow fear and anxiety to steer our lives.
- Choose to guard your heart.
- Choose to focus your mind and heart on the Word of God.
The next time fear rises, turn your attention to Gods promises. Turn your spirit to His. Ignite your faith by prayer and reading His Word. Replace every fearful thought with Scripture because God is bigger than our fears.
He gives us power and strength when we are at the end of our rope and we feel like we are falling into an ocean of, what ifs. Instead of what if, turn those thoughts to Even if Because God has you in the palm of His mighty hands.
For further reading:
Dont Miss: What Foods Does The Bible Say To Eat
Read Also: Does The Bible Endorse Slavery
Gods Command To Fear Not
God says Do not fear hundreds of times throughout the Bible. But what does that mean? Was my 7th-grade-self sinning? Are you wrong to feel fear when youre not sure how to pay next months rent or when you get that dire health diagnosis or when your job is on the line?
No. Youre not wrong. God wired our brains to experience fear. It is a primary emotion. There is a reason and purpose for our fear as we respond to triggering stimuli. When God says, Do not fear he is not commanding us to shut off a part of our brain. His model citizen isnt an emotionless and stoic robot.
The real issue God wants us to wrestle with is where we go when we fear. Where do you go with your fears? How do you deal with them?
Simply put, God wants us to come to him. Fear can paralyze us. Yet when we fear in the presence of God, God help us take the next step of faith even in the midst of our fear! Unfortunately, no one will be able to escape fear in this sinful and broken world. It is real. It can be paralyzing. It is powerful.
But God is more powerful.
He has the power and desire to be with us in the midst of our fears. Remembering this will enable to us to take the next step of faithfulness in our lives. How? Because God is with us. We can continue to fight to believe Jesus is more in and through our fears thanks to his presence with us.
Dont Miss: What The Bible Says About Tattoos
Trust Gods Promise To Strengthen You
This Scripture clearly gives us a promise from God to strengthen us. For he says, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Knowing God will uphold me alleviates my fear of the unknown and my fear of evil.
He will strengthen us in every situation and always for his glory. Whether it is the peace we find in his promises, or the confidence that our identity and worth comes from him and not in what we do, the Lord will give us the strength he promises. God is not reactive, but proactive in our lives. The power that raised Jesus from the dead is the same power that is at work in us by Gods Spirit .
And we do not need to fear tomorrow. God wants us to be filled with hope and trust, not fear. He has given us hope through the promise that he can uphold us by his strength today. And he has also promised those who have faith in Jesus Christ for their salvation a life of eternity with him.
It is God who is with us, and he will strengthen us with his righteousness right hand. In his perfect way, he knows exactly what we need for every situation. In every situation, his righteousness will work for our holiness. He will be our strength.
What areas in your life cause you to fear? What fears do you need to confess to God knowing he can strengthen you by his power?
Recommended Reading: How To Do Inductive Bible Study
Bible Verses To Remind Us
1. So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
2. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. ~ Psalm 56:3
3. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
4. Peace is what I leave with you it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27
5. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
6. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18
7. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. ~ Psalm 94:19
8. But now, this is what the Lord saysFear not, for I have redeemed you I have summoned you by name you are mine. ~ Isaiah 43:1
9. An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. ~ Proverbs 12:25
10. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me. ~ Psalm 23:4
30. Jesus told him, Dont be afraid just believe. ~