Christian Quotes About Praying For Others
Pray for others before praying for yourself.
It is not only our duty to pray for others, but also to desire the prayers of others for ourselves. William Gurnall
When you pray for others God listens to you and blessed them. So when you are safe and happy remember that someone is praying for you.
We never know how God will answer our prayers, but we can expect that He will get us involved in His plan for the answer. If we are true intercessors, we must be ready to take part in Gods work on behalf of the people for whom we pray. Corrie Ten Boom
You are never more like Jesus than when you pray for others. Pray for this hurting world. Max Lucado
I have been benefited by praying for others for by making an errand to God for them I have gotten something for myself. Samuel Rutherford
True intercession involves bringing the person, or the circumstance that seems to be crashing in on you, before God, until you are changed by His attitude toward that person or circumstance. People describe intercession by saying, It is putting yourself in someone elses place. That is not true! Intercession is putting yourself in Gods place it is having His mind and His perspective. Oswald Chambers
Intercession is the truly universal work for the Christian. No place is closed to intercessory prayer: no continent, no nation, no city, no organization, no office. No power on earth can keep intercession out. Richard Halverson
Identifying Triggers In Your Marriage Part 1
They were both convinced they had married the wrong person. From almost the very beginning of their marriage, Amber and Guy Lia experienced various tensions and personality clashes related to house cleaning, backseat driving, workaholism, and intimacy. In this two-day Focus on the Family broadcast, Amber and Guy discuss how they bravely faced the triggers head-on, and committed to working on their own relationships with Jesus. As you listen to the Lias story, youll feel hope that you, too, can see real marriage transformation!
God Uses Our Intercession For Our Own Spiritual Growth
When we are faithful by praying for others, God will use our obedience to help us grow spiritually. He will grow and stretch us in our prayer life. Praying for others helps us to be more burdened about ministering to others. It also helps us to trust God more and more.
20. Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
21. Philippians 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
Recommended Reading: Everyone Is Born A Sinner Bible Verse
Daily Prayer Protects Us
We often forget that God uses our prayers to protect us and guard us from danger. Prayer protects us from evil all around. God often works behind the scenes, so we may never realize how God has used our prayer life to protect us from a certain situation.
John Calvin said, for He ordained it not so much for His own sake as for ours. Now He wills that His due be rendered to Him. But the profit of this sacrifice also, by which He is worshiped, returns to us.
6. Acts 16:25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.
7. Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called to the Lord I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice my cry came before him, into his ears.
8. Psalm 54:2 O God, hear my prayer give ear to the words of my mouth.
9. Psalm 118:5-6 From my distress I called upon the Lord The Lord answered me and set me in a large place. 6 The Lord is for me I will not fear What can man do to me?
10. Acts 12:5 So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him
11. Philippians 1:19 For I know that through your prayers and Gods provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.
12. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
Pray Without Ceasing: 7 Bible Verses On Praying Often
Ill be honest with you prayer is a spiritual discipline that doesnt come easy to me. I cant even say with certainty how prayer works. But I know that it does. God listens when we speak to Him, and He answers. I know that prayer brings me into Gods presence in a way I cant fully understand nor explain. And I know that having a chat with my Creator is a grace-filled luxury that I too often take for granted. So, this raises the question: what does it mean to pray without ceasing?
You May Like: Chronilogical Order Of Bible
Praying The Scriptures Over Your Children
You will discover how using the Bible to shape your desires and requests opens the door to Gods provisionand frees us from things like worry and fear in our parenting! This expanded edition of the bestseller features updated content on issues like technology and identity, and comes with new material designed to invite children into the family prayer circle. Purchase now and receive 10% off your product.
Giving Up Sugar Tasting God’s Goodness
As a latchkey kid, Wendy Speake turned to sugar for comfort. Every Friday, she would pedal to the candy show and use her allowance to fill her bag with candy. And one day, when she was older and a mom of three young boys, she came to realize that she was still pedaling away from her stress and using sugar as comfort, instead of turning to Jesus. She was joyless, worn out, tired, and in need of a change. In this interview, Wendy will challenge Christians to take 40 days to focus on fasting from something they turn to instead of Jesus for comfort. She invited people to break free from a dependence on sugar and taste the goodness of God.
Recommended Reading: Bible Verses About Worrying About Others
What Does The Bible Say We Are To Pray For
1. Pray for Gods People“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lords people.” – Ephesians 6:18
2. Pray for Your EnemiesBut I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, – Matthew 5:44
3. Pray for Gods WillDo not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what Gods will ishis good, pleasing and perfect will. – Romans 12:2
4. Pray for the SickIs anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. – James 5:14
5. Pray for Your ProtectionWatch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. – Matthew 26:41
Too many times we try to do things in our own strength and we burn out. We can tire easily and isolate ourselves from others and God. Prayer is a necessity to keep us from temptation. Jesus tells His disciples to pray.
Allow God To Speak To You In Prayer
Pray, not until God hears you but until you listen to God. God is always speaking through His Word and through the Spirit, but are we being still to hear His voice. Allow God to speak to you and guide you through prayer.
42. Psalm 116:2 Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!
43. Psalm 63:1 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
44. Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
45. Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know
46. Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
47. Psalm 34: 6 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him he saved him out of all his troubles.
48. John 17:24 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him he saved him out of all his troubles.
49. John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
Don’t Miss: Pray Without Ceasing Meaning
Struggling To Find Time To Pray Just Start With Your Food You Eat At Least Three Times A Day Right
There are three opportunities to thank God, to acknowledge Him, to invite Him into your moment wherever you might be.
Three times a day that youre drawing closer to Him.
Three times a day to remember what Hes done for you, and what Hes provided for you.
And three times a day to remember your privilege because others might not be eating like kings today.
This isnt a ritual, tradition or token gesture, it doesnt have to be grand or public or particularly long. But praying for your food seems to me to be a moment of spiritual re-centring and bringing our focus back to God.
Do we have to pray before a meal?
Should we pass up an opportunity to meet with God?
Lets shift our perspective. Lets start to see saying grace as an opportunity to involve God in the regular, mundane parts of our lives. Who knows what could happen in us and around us!
What To Do When You’re Not Okay
Life can be pretty stressful. Between work, relationships, and other obligations, the pressure builds, and we lose sight of who we are. Counselor Debra Fileta helps you better understand your emotions, assess your mental, physical, and spiritual health, and intentionally pursue a path to wellbeing. In dealing with anxiety, depression, and panic attacks, Debra understands the importance of self-examination as well as the benefits of seeking professional help. She offers biblically-based advice, tools, and encouragement to help you get on a path toward healing and wholeness.
Also Check: Chronological Order Of Bible Books
What Should We Pray For
We are commanded to pray with petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving and for all people. This verse in 1 Timothy says that we do this so that we might live peaceful and quiet lives in all aspects of godliness and holiness. A peaceful and quiet life can only occur if we grow in godliness and holiness. This isnt necessarily quiet life as in nothing bad happens but a quiet sense of the soul. A peace that stays regardless of the chaos that ensues around you.
30. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for all people for kings and all those in authority, that we might live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
Above all, praying for others brings God glory. We should seek to glorify God in every aspect of our life. When we pray for others, we are reflecting the way Jesus prays for us. Also when we pray for others we are reflecting Gods kindness. And praying for others draws us nearer to God. So let us lift one another up in prayer to our Father in Heaven!
Bible Verses On Praying Without Ceasing:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-1816 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Id say we got straight to the point with this one. Paul tells us to pray without ceasing. So, if youre looking for a memory verse about prayer, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 is an easy one. You probably already have it memorized. Congratulations! Now, lets put it into practice. This doesnt mean we need to have our heads bowed, hands folded, and eyes closed all day while we pray . Instead, think of your talks with God as open-ended conversations. At any point in the day, both of you are welcome to jump back in. In a sense, these prayers have no end.
Philippians 4:6Dont worry about anything instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
The way to deal with worry is through prayer. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, going on in your life that will surprise God. Nothings going to catch Him off guard or stump Him on what the next step should be. So, whatever we are dealing with that has us a bit shaken, talking to God can relieve that worry. He can bring comfort with His guidance and direction.
Jeremiah 33:3Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.
Read Also: 365 Do Not Be Afraid Bible Verses
What The Bible Says
The eyes of Jehovah are on the righteous, and his ears listen to their supplication, but the face of Jehovah is against those doing bad things, says the Bible. Clearly, God does listen to prayers. He is, however, especially inclined to listen to those who follow his precepts. Regarding Gods willingness to hear us when we pray, another scripture states: This is the confidence that we have toward him, that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us. Hence, sincere supplicants need to understand what types of request are likely to harmonize with Gods will.
People The Bible Says We Should Pray For
For whom should we pray? Our default is to pray for ourselves first, asking God to bless and protect us. Are we too selfish? There is nothing wrong with praying for ourselves. However, the Bible says we should not pray only for ourselves. There are a few more people for whom we should intercede. You might be surprised.
Does the Bible tell us for whom we should pray? The Bible does give us at least eight people for whom we should pray. We should pray for
One another James 5:16 Romans 1:9
We have the responsibility and privilege to fight for one another through the medium of prayer. We should bring one anothers needs especially the need for physical and spiritual healing before the Father. Brothers and sisters should love another enough to pray for one another.
Pastors and spiritual leaders Ephesians 6:19-20 Colossians 4:3
We should pray for our pastors and spiritual leaders. Pastors/spiritual leaders need Gods wisdom to discern the right opportunities to preach the gospel boldly. As a pastor, also I need Gods people to pray that God would strengthen me to endure temptations and discouragement. We should pray for pastors/spiritual leaders because they are charged to care for our souls. If pastors and spiritual leaders go, so goes the care for our souls.
The sick James 5:14-15
Political leaders 1 Timothy 2:1-3
Our enemies Matthew 5:44 Acts 7:59, 60
Israel Psalm 122:6 Isaiah 62:6-7
Everybody 1 Timothy 2:1
Recommended Reading: Bible Verses On Solitude
You Should Pray Scripture Because Gods People In The Ot And Nt Did
Its not always logical to argue that we should do something merely because the Bible records Gods people doing it. Sometimes OT narratives or the book of Acts describe practices without prescribing them. But I cant think of a one good reason that we shouldnt emulate these two examples.
First, an example from the OT: When the Israelites confess their sins in Neh 9, the Levites lead the people in prayer . The entire prayer is scripturally informed ,1 and verse 17 quotes previous Scripture:
They refused to obey and were not mindful of the wonders that you performed among them, but they stiffened their neck and appointed a leader to return to their slavery in Egypt. But you are a God ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and did not forsake them. Even when they had made for themselves a golden calf and said, This is your God who brought you up out of Egypt, and had committed great blasphemies . . . .
In the middle of their prayer, they quote Exod 34:6. They apply that Scripture to their specific context.
Second, an example from the NT: After the antagonistic Sanhedrin release Peter and John in Acts 4, how does the early church respond?
And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them, who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said by the Holy Spirit,
Why did the Gentiles rage,
Top 10 Bible Verses About Prayer
God is listening and ready to answer your prayers. May these Bible quotes about prayer strengthen your faith and deeper your relationship with your Lord and Creator.
1. Luke 18:13-14: But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
These verses, from the well-known story of the Pharisee and the tax collector praying in the temple, reveals the prayer that allows us to enter into a relationship with God: God, have mercy on me, a sinner. The tax collector was honest with God about his sin. He humbled himself, repented, and acknowledged his need for Gods mercy. God answered his prayer and saved him.
Bottom linethe first step in developing a prayer life is calling upon God for salvation.
2. Psalm 66:18: If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
This verse from Davids psalm shows us a major hindrance to Gods willingness to hear our prayersunconfessed sin. Some might ask, If sin prevents God from hearing our prayers, then none of us have a chance, because of we all sin, even after were saved.
Bottom linewe cant live a consistently sinful lifestyle and expect God to hear our prayers.
Bottom lineGod hears the prayers of those who put their trust in him.
Recommended Reading: Bible Chronological Order