Avoid Restrictive Or Trendy Diets
If your goal is weight loss, it can be tempting to find a diet that will show quick results. However, a lot of these will result in cravings, lack of energy, and a difficult regime. Instead, look for diets that encourage balance and the inclusion of all food groups to maintain a holistic and balanced menu.
Were taught about food groups as kids for a reason, says Daniel Sathyanesan, CEO and Founder of Winden. The overall goal of food groups is to make sure youre getting the appropriate amount of each type of food and nutrient in your diet. Researching balanced diets or even talking to a nutritionist about what you should be including in your diet are great places to start.
Do Not Be Discouraged
Isnt it awesome when God speaks to strengthen our hearts? We face many trying circumstances but He has promised that He will never leave nor forsake us . Let this short poem and the accompanying scriptures fortify and embolden you regardless of what you are going through. You are more than a comqueror in Jesus name.
I am the Lord and I will say it againI am what I am and I will be what I will beYouve been despised and borne a lot of painBut I will turn things around as you hold on to MeFor no one trusts in and calls on My holy name in vainSo be strong and do not be discouraged by what you see
Edith Ugochi Ohaja 2017
I am the Lord: that is my name .
Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
Isaiah 41:14 Dont be afraid, despised insignificant Jacob, men of Israel. I am helping you, says the LORD, your protector, the Holy One of Israel.
Isaiah 41:14 & 15 Do you feel like a lowly worm, Jacob? Dont be afraid. Feel like a fragile insect, Israel? Ill help you. I, GOD, want to reassure you. The God who buys you back, The Holy of Israel. Im transforming you from worm to harrow, from insect to iron.
Bible Verses About Courage
What does the Bible say about courage? – Scripture Quotes on Courage
May these Bible verses about courage inspire you to “be strong and courageous” as scripture tells us. We can be encouraged by these Bible quotes that remind us that God is with us and no matter what we face, we are more than conquerers through Jesus Christ. May you find rest as you call upon God, the only true source of strength in this world.
We must remember we are made in the image of God and were given “a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” We all face times of uncertainty and fear, but God has called us to rise above the hardship and find hope in Him. You were made to be courageous! Read over these Scripture quotes and be reminded of who you are in the Christ and the eternal security that you have as a child of God!
Browse this collection of Bible verses about courage that we hope will strengthen your faith and embolden your spirit.
A Prayer for Courage
Don’t Miss: How Many Times In The Bible Does It Say Fear Not
Bible Verses About Fear
in Faith on 05/14/20
I just came out of a week that I was battling some serious fears and anxieties. I desperately needed to hold on to what Gods word says about fear, and focusing on bible verses about fear made all the difference.
Life can be hard at times. We all struggle with different fears, and when I had kids so many new fears surfaced. The imaginations that come with possible scenarios can really be a challenge.
My oldest son just had a major scare with his heart, and we thought he possibly had a serious heart condition that would cause a major life change. When I first heard the news, fear overwhelmed me. I thought about how he wont be able to play the sports he loved, and how we would get through a heart surgery. I decided not to spend an entire week making myself sick, and worrying all day about what the possible tests would say.
I needed to trust in the God of the universe, and ask Him for His peace. I knew that focusing on specific bible verses would be a big help, but sometimes its hard to know exactly where to look in hard times. So, I hope when you feel overwhelmed by fear, you can save this post as a reference.
How Do I Stop Being Discouraged By Failure
12 Things To Do When You’re Feeling Discouraged
Recommended Reading: 365 Fear Not Bible Verses List
Fear Not & Do Not Be Afraid
Trust in GodGenesis 21:17Genesis 26:24Genesis 35:17Genesis 46:3Exodus 14:13-14Exodus 20:19-20Numbers 14:9Numbers 21:34Deuteronomy 1:16-17Deuteronomy 1:21Deuteronomy 1:29-31Deuteronomy 7:17-19Deuteronomy 7:20-21Deuteronomy 3:2Deuteronomy 3:22Deuteronomy 18:22Deuteronomy 20:1Deuteronomy 20:2-4Deuteronomy 31:6Deuteronomy 31:8Joshua 1:8-9Joshua 8:1Joshua 10:8Joshua 10:25Joshua 11:6Judges 6:10Judges 6:23Ruth 3:111 Samuel 12:201 Samuel 23:171 Kings 17:132 Kings 1:152 Kings 6:162 Kings 19:5-71 Chronicles 22:131 Chronicles 28:202 Chronicles 20:152 Chronicles 20:172 Chronicles 32:6-8Nehemiah 4:14Psalms 3:5-8Psalms 27:1-3Psalms 46:1-3Psalms 56:3Psalms 56:4Psalms 118:6-9Proverbs 3:24-26Isaiah 7:4Isaiah 8:11-13Isaiah 10:24Isaiah 12:2-3Isaiah 35:4Isaiah 40:9Isaiah 41:10Isaiah 41:12-14Isaiah 43:1-2Isaiah 43:5-6Isaiah 44:2-4Isaiah 44:8Isaiah 51:7Isaiah 51:12-16Isaiah 54:4Isaiah 54:14Jeremiah 1:8Jeremiah 10:5-6Jeremiah 17:7-8Jeremiah 30:10Jeremiah 42:9-12Jeremiah 46:27Jeremiah 46:28Lamentations 3:55-58Ezekiel 2:6-7Ezekiel 3:9-10Daniel 10:12Daniel 10:18-19Joel 2:21Joel 2:22Zephaniah 3:16-17Haggai 2:4-5Zechariah 8:13Zechariah 8:15-17Matthew 1:20-21Matthew 10:26Matthew 10:28Matthew 10:31Matthew 14:27Matthew 17:7Matthew 28:5Matthew 28:9-10Luke 1:13-14Luke 1:30Luke 2:10-12Luke 5:10Luke 8:50Luke 12:4-6Luke 12:7Luke 12:31-33John 6:19-20John 12:14-15John 14:27Acts 18:9-10Acts 27:23-24
Verses For When You Are Feeling Discouraged
Psalm 34:17-19 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you be not dismayed, for I am your God I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings like eagles they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 42:16 And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
2 Corinthians 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.
Read Also: How Many Verses In Psalms
Gods Command To Fear Not
God says Do not fear hundreds of times throughout the Bible. But what does that mean? Was my 7th-grade-self sinning? Are you wrong to feel fear when youre not sure how to pay next months rent or when you get that dire health diagnosis or when your job is on the line?
No. Youre not wrong. God wired our brains to experience fear. It is a primary emotion. There is a reason and purpose for our fear as we respond to triggering stimuli. When God says, Do not fear he is not commanding us to shut off a part of our brain. His model citizen isnt an emotionless and stoic robot.
The real issue God wants us to wrestle with is where we go when we fear. Where do you go with your fears? How do you deal with them?
Simply put, God wants us to come to him. Fear can paralyze us. Yet when we fear in the presence of God, God help us take the next step of faith even in the midst of our fear! Unfortunately, no one will be able to escape fear in this sinful and broken world. It is real. It can be paralyzing. It is powerful.
But God is more powerful.
He has the power and desire to be with us in the midst of our fears. Remembering this will enable to us to take the next step of faithfulness in our lives. How? Because God is with us. We can continue to fight to believe Jesus is more in and through our fears thanks to his presence with us.
How Do You Pray When You Feel Discouraged
I know you are not a God of chaos, so please give me clarity of thought. Help me to take my focus off myself and my situation and keep my eyes firmly planted on you so I dont sink. In those moments where I feel like I cant take another step, carry me. Lord, show me what to do in my present situation.
You May Like: Emotional Abuse In The Bible
Hopeful Bible Verses About Fear
“You shall not fear them, for it is the LORD your God who fights for you.”
Fear can creep up on us when we least expect it. Sure, theres fear we can kind of expect when we subject ourselves to that yearly walk through one of the most haunted places in America on Halloween or sit down with some popcorn to watch a scary movie. But where do we turn with the other, more significant fears? Things like watching a loved one go through cancer treatment, or the potential of losing a job, having a miscarriage, or getting into a car accident. Unfortunately, there isnt a limit to what our brains can concoct that is potentially fearful, some of it legitimate and some of it irrational. Either way, we can find hope and an anchor in the storm that is our fear in Jesus because he has a lot to say about fear in scripture. Fear not is a common reminder in the Word, because we are often forgetful and we can try to imagine the future before it has even happenedleading to a lot of fear and anxiety. Jesus reminds us that we can trust God as our good Father. He will fight for us. He will cover us and protect us. He will calm the storms in our minds and hearts. All he asks is that we turn our eyes from our fears to Him.
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
What God Says About Struggles
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you he will not fail you or forsake you.
Also Check: Everyone Is Born A Sinner Bible Verse
What Is The Purpose Of Jeremiah 29 11
Christians facing difficult situations today can take comfort in Jeremiah 29:11 knowing that it is not a promise to immediately rescue us from hardship or suffering, but rather a promise that God has a plan for our lives and regardless of our current situation, He can work through it to prosper us and give us a hope …
List Of 365 Fear Not Bible Verses
- Genesis 15:1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
- Genesis 21:17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
- Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.
- Genesis 35:17 And as she was having great difficulty in childbirth, the midwife said to her Dont despair, for you have another son
- Genesis 43:23 Its all right, he said. Dont be afraid. Your God, the God of your father, has given you treasure in your sacks I received your silver. Then he brought Simeon out to them.
- Genesis 46:3 I am God, the God of your father, he said. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.
- Genesis 50:19 But Joseph said to them, Dont be afraid. Am I in the place of God?
- Genesis 50:21 So then, dont be afraid. I will provide for you and your children. And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
- Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
You May Like: How Many Times Bible Says Fear Not
Bible Verses To Remind Us
2. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” ~ Psalm 56:3
3. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
4. Peace is what I leave with you it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27
5. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
6. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18
7. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. ~ Psalm 94:19
8. But now, this is what the Lord saysFear not, for I have redeemed you I have summoned you by name you are mine. ~ Isaiah 43:1
9. An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. ~ Proverbs 12:25
10. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me. ~ Psalm 23:4
30. Jesus told him, Dont be afraid just believe. ~
Have No Fear Do Not Be Afraid
The most commonly repeated phrase in the whole Bible, in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, is Fear not! or Have no fear! or Do not be afraid! or Be not afraid!
- It is often claimed that this phrase appears exactly 365 times in the Bible, one for each day of the year! This might be an inspiring claim, but it is not biblically accurate.
- The phrase “Fear not! appears only slightly over 100 times in the Old Testament, as well as about 44 times in the New Testament .
- The exact count will depend on which Hebrew and Greek words one includes, since there are several close synonyms in each language .
- The main Greek word group expressing “fear” is the adjective phobos , the verb phobe , and the adverb aphobs .
- One can attain a higher total count if one includes biblical texts that mention people who are afraid .
- An even higher total can be attained if one also includes some positive phrases that could be considered equivalent, such as “to trust God/Jesus” or “to be at peace” or “to rest in God.”
Another closely related and very common biblical theme is that people should “fear the Lord” or have “fear of the Lord” but these ideas are not contradictory, when understood properly:
Read Also: Omer Definition Bible