Fear Of Financial Stress
14. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. )
15. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, Never will I leave you never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
16. So dont worry about these things, saying, What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear? These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Two Commands Supported By Five Reasons
Lets look at the verse, Isaiah 41:10, and then see how the preceding verses intensify the point of the verse. There are two commands in the verse not to fear and five pillars of fearlessness. Fear not is the first command at the beginning of the verse. And then the second is do not anxiously look about you .
As always in the Bible, there are reasons for the commands. Commands dont hang in the air with no basis in reality. If God commands us to do something, there are good reasons to do it. And power comes from understanding and believing those reasons.
Fear Not 25 Bible Verses To Remind Us God Is In Control
We are commanded to “fear not” and live by faith in the Lord throughout the Bible. May these scripture quotes inspire you to “be strong and courageous” in the face of evil and uncertainty.
- Christianity.com Editorial Staff
- 20218 Jan
Fear not, for I am with you be not dismayed, for I am your God I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
We are commanded to “fear not” and live by faith in the Lord throughout the Bible. Here we have compiled a collection of Bible verses to encourage you in faith, love, and courage. May these scripture quotes inspire you to “be strong and courageous” in the face of evil and uncertainty. Let us fear not the dark forces of this world and the trials we will meet, placing our hope in the Lord for He is king!
“Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever. ~ Revelation 11:15
Also, use prayers for strength against fear in supplication of courage and faith in times of need.
You May Like: Bible Schools In Maryland
Our Final Ground For Fearlessness
We come to the end of this series with one great ground for fearlessness God!
- I am your God.
- I will help you.
- I will uphold you.
I call you this morning to stop defining and limiting your future in terms of your past and start defining it in terms of your God.
I call you to recognize that God is greater than your personality. God is greater than your past experiences of timidity. God is greater than your family of origin. And God calls you to joyful fearlessness. The crucial factor in your fearless living is not your family but your God.
Let not your hearts be troubled, believe in God. Believe in God! Trust God! Let God be your God! Your help. Your strength. He will uphold you with his righteous right hand.
The Difference Between Faith And Fear
Its one thing to read the words, fear not, its quite another to put faith into practice over our fears. Its not always an easy choice, but thats what fear is a choice. Instead, we can choose to:
- Not allow fear and anxiety to steer our lives.
- Choose to guard your heart.
- Choose to focus your mind and heart on the Word of God.
The next time fear rises, turn your attention to Gods promises. Turn your spirit to His. Ignite your faith by prayer and reading His Word. Replace every fearful thought with Scripture because God is bigger than our fears.
He gives us power and strength when we are at the end of our rope and we feel like we are falling into an ocean of, what ifs. Instead of what if, turn those thoughts to Even if Because God has you in the palm of His mighty hands.
For further reading:
Don’t Miss: What Foods Does The Bible Say To Eat
The Promise Of Isaiah : 10
Even this morning, as I woke early to leave for Jazzercise, fear crept into my mind to whisper that I would be mugged and murdered. I rolled my eyes and thought how unlikely that would be since I live in a tiny farm town in the middle of Nebraska.
But there have been times where I was afraid, very afraid. Shaking and full of terror I could barely catch my breath, when I whispered, Jesus, I am so afraid. I am so scared.
As my body shook like a tree in a hurricane, God whispered back, Daughter, fear not, I am with you. Then the rest of His Words filled my soul, penetrating every part of my fear.
Fear not, for I am with you Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand .
Related: List Of Over 80 Blessings In The Bible
- Deuteronomy 20:3 He shall say: Hear, Israel: today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be faint-hearted or afraid do not panic or be terrified by them.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid do not be discouraged.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 8:1 Then the Lord said to Joshua, Do not be afraid do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai. For I have delivered into your hands the king of Ai, his people, his city and his land.
- Joshua 10:8 The Lord said to Joshua, Do not be afraid of them I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.
- Joshua 10:25 Joshua said to them, Do not be afraid do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.
- Joshua 11:6 The Lord said to Joshua, Do not be afraid of them, because by this time tomorrow I will hand all of them, slain, over to Israel. You are to hamstring their horses and burn their chariots.
Recommended Reading: What Does The Bible Say About Mary Magdalene
Glimpse #: The Judge Of All The Earth
In Isaiah 41:1 God says, Coastlands, listen to me in silence, and let the peoples gain new strength let them come forward, then let them speak let us come together for judgment.
The key to overcoming fear is resting on the pillars of the promises of God.
Here is a picture of God calling all the coastlands and all the peoples to gird up their strength and come before him for judgment. The God of Isaiah 41:10 is the judge of all the earth. He calls all nations to give an account of their lives and their religions and their thoughts. He is not called to account. He is not on trial. They are. They come into his courtroom. He is the judge of all and will pass sentence on every person. Thats the God who is with you to strengthen and help.
List Of 365 Fear Not Bible Verses
- Genesis 15:1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
- Genesis 21:17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
- Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.
- Genesis 35:17 And as she was having great difficulty in childbirth, the midwife said to her Dont despair, for you have another son
- Genesis 43:23 Its all right, he said. Dont be afraid. Your God, the God of your father, has given you treasure in your sacks I received your silver. Then he brought Simeon out to them.
- Genesis 46:3 I am God, the God of your father, he said. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.
- Genesis 50:19 But Joseph said to them, Dont be afraid. Am I in the place of God?
- Genesis 50:21 So then, dont be afraid. I will provide for you and your children. And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
- Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
Also Check: 365 Fear Not Bible Verses List
Bible Verses To Encourage You
Concordia University Texas is a Christ-centered community it’s our first core value. We strive to be a place where Christ is honored and all are welcome. During these unprecedented times, CTX is committed to supporting students in their academics and their faith.
Here’s a message from CTX President Don Christian:
We pray that the following Bible verses will encourage you and remind you of the hope we have in Christ.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated, the following verses are from the English Standard Version Bible.
“In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart I have overcome the world.”
“So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 34:45, 8
I sought the LORD, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.
Fear Not Bible Verses For Courage And Peace
But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you I have called you by name, you are mine. ~ Isaiah 43:1
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand it is I who say to you, Fear not, I am the one who helps you. ~ Isaiah 41:13
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. ~ Joshua 1:9
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. ~ Psalm 34:4
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? ~ Psalm 27:1
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me. ~ Psalm 23:4
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
Read Also: Meaning Of Sanctified In The Bible
What Does ‘fear Not’ Mean In The Bible
Many of us have heard variations of the words “fear not” or “take heart,” depending on the translation we use. What does fear not mean? Let’s take a look at the original Hebrew and Greek for some hints as to the meaning behind these words.
Yare in the Hebrew means either a fear or astonishment.
According to Strong’s ” yârê, yaw-ray’ a primitive root to fear morally to revere causatively to frighten:affright, be afraid, dread, fear, reverence, × see, terrible .”
In other words, when the Bible tells us to fear not, it means to not experience dread. After all, we have a powerful God. Now, let’s take a look at the Greek.
“Take heart” or “be of good cheer” in the New Testament comes from the Greek word tharseo. It means to have courage and be of good comfort. Jesus uses this phrase a number of times when he heals the sick , and comforts his disciples . It reminds us that no matter what our current circumstance that we have a God who has overcome the world.
Fear Of Danger And Unrest
12. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.
13. The Lord is my light and my salvation so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?
Also Check: Chronological Order Of The Bible
A Prayer Against Faithless Fears
O most loving Father, you want us to give thanks for all things, to dread nothing but losing you, and to cast all our anxiety on you because you care for us. Preserve us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties and grant that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from us the light of that love which is immortal, and which you have shown us in your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
The Key To Overcoming Fear
The key to overcoming fear is resting on the pillars of the promises of God. Well come back to these pillars in a moment. Look with me for a minute at the verses leading up to verse 10 to see how they intensify these promises and strengthen these pillars.
If the key to fearlessness is believing that God is your God and is with you and will strengthen you and help you and uphold you, then knowing the greatness of this God will intensify your faith and your fearlessness.
Fear Not & Do Not Be Afraid
Trust in GodGenesis 21:17Genesis 26:24Genesis 35:17Genesis 46:3Exodus 14:13-14Exodus 20:19-20Numbers 14:9Numbers 21:34Deuteronomy 1:16-17Deuteronomy 1:21Deuteronomy 1:29-31Deuteronomy 7:17-19Deuteronomy 7:20-21Deuteronomy 3:2Deuteronomy 3:22Deuteronomy 18:22Deuteronomy 20:1Deuteronomy 20:2-4Deuteronomy 31:6Deuteronomy 31:8Joshua 1:8-9Joshua 8:1Joshua 10:8Joshua 10:25Joshua 11:6Judges 6:10Judges 6:23Ruth 3:111 Samuel 12:201 Samuel 23:171 Kings 17:132 Kings 1:152 Kings 6:162 Kings 19:5-71 Chronicles 22:131 Chronicles 28:202 Chronicles 20:152 Chronicles 20:172 Chronicles 32:6-8Nehemiah 4:14Psalms 3:5-8Psalms 27:1-3Psalms 46:1-3Psalms 56:3Psalms 56:4Psalms 118:6-9Proverbs 3:24-26Isaiah 7:4Isaiah 8:11-13Isaiah 10:24Isaiah 12:2-3Isaiah 35:4Isaiah 40:9Isaiah 41:10Isaiah 41:12-14Isaiah 43:1-2Isaiah 43:5-6Isaiah 44:2-4Isaiah 44:8Isaiah 51:7Isaiah 51:12-16Isaiah 54:4Isaiah 54:14Jeremiah 1:8Jeremiah 10:5-6Jeremiah 17:7-8Jeremiah 30:10Jeremiah 42:9-12Jeremiah 46:27Jeremiah 46:28Lamentations 3:55-58Ezekiel 2:6-7Ezekiel 3:9-10Daniel 10:12Daniel 10:18-19Joel 2:21Joel 2:22Zephaniah 3:16-17Haggai 2:4-5Zechariah 8:13Zechariah 8:15-17Matthew 1:20-21Matthew 10:26Matthew 10:28Matthew 10:31Matthew 14:27Matthew 17:7Matthew 28:5Matthew 28:9-10Luke 1:13-14Luke 1:30Luke 2:10-12Luke 5:10Luke 8:50Luke 12:4-6Luke 12:7Luke 12:31-33John 6:19-20John 12:14-15John 14:27Acts 18:9-10Acts 27:23-24
Bible Verses About Fear
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go .
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you .
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus .
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you, declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel .
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul .
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble .
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind .
But now, this is what the Lord says Fear not, for I have redeemed you I have summoned you by name you are mine .
The Lord is with me I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me he is my helper .
Also Check: What Does Inerrant Mean In The Bible