The Consequences Of Not Trusting God
The next verse begins to describe the curse that comes:
For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, a salt land and not inhabited. Jeremiah 17:6 KJV
This describes a person that can’t seem to find God, is fearful much, if not all of the time, is not thriving, and maybe struggles with diseases and other infirmities. If you find yourself in this place, resist the temptation to get down about it. Instead, begin trusting in God right in the middle of the desert and the parched wilderness. Not trusting in Him is what gets a person there, so the antidote is to begin trusting in Him, and He will show you the way out.
I cannot tell you how often I have been in a situation, and I saw no way out. I would have a mental checklist of how it could happen, but those things would never happen. Then, out of nowhere, a way of escape would come, and God would deliver and make straight the situation.
TRUST IN HIM RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT AND AS MUCH AS LIES IN YOU. DON’T EVER STOP.
Trust God He Is The Stronghold
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer my God, my strength, in whom I will trust my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God in him will I trust.
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Trust Gods Timing Bible Verses
David was a shepherd boy anointed by the prophet Samuel to be king. But it took many years for the crown to rest on his head years spent hiding out in caves from King Saul. David must have felt frustrated, and yet he said:
But as for me, I trust in You, LORD, I say, You are my God. My times are in Your hand.
David had to learn to put his times in Gods hands. Sometimes, waiting on God might seem like an exceedingly long, desperate delay, but Gods timing is perfect. He knows things we dont know He knows whats going on behind the scenes, in the spiritual realms. Unlike us, He knows the future. Thus, we can trust His timing. We can say to God, My times are in Your hand.
98. Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time It hurries toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it delays, wait for it For it will certainly come, it will not delay long.
99. Psalm 27:14 Dont be impatient. Wait for the Lord, and he will come and save you! Be brave, stouthearted, and courageous. Yes, wait and he will help you.
100. Lamentations 3:25-26 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.
101. Jeremiah 29:11-12 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
Read Also: How Many Times Bible Says Fear Not
Bible Verses About Trust: 20 Helpful Scripture Quotes
Here are some wonderful verses about trust in the Bible. Remember that verses have some larger context. Take time to look up in your Bible the chapter where the verse is found to see the events or other verses surrounding these words. Also, dont forget to take a couple minutes to view the video Unchanging by Chris Tomlin that is posted to the right. It reminds us that we can trust God because He is unchanging.
2 Corinthians 3:4-6 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves but our sufficiency is of God Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Bible Verses About Trust No Man
Bible verses related to Trust No Man from the King James Version by Relevance
Topics and verses are auto-generated from user searches. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
Search the King James Version for more references about Trust No Man…
What’s In David’s Heart
What we find in David’s heart is this:
- He is brave. Later in the story, he kills the giant, Goliath, when everyone else is afraid to do battle with him. We learn that, as a shepherd, he rescues lambs from the mouths of lions and bears.
- He is confident in Gods power and trusts that God will see him through lifes struggles. When he offers to do battle with Goliath, he displays confidence in God: The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Phillistine! . David has a true and genuine faith.
- David has a truly grateful heart. Psalm 30: I will give thanks unto thee forever.
- David is reliable. He keeps the sheep, which is and lonely and dirty job, but he does it because thats what he has been assigned to do. He even places his life on the line to protect those sheep.
- David has a truthful nature. When David sinned , he admitted his sin to God and was forgiven.
- David has a transparent life. David prayed that God would examine his life. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts.
God sees this in David. God knows David better than David knows David.
God also knows you better than you know you.
When the time comes to select a new king, God doesnt judge by outward appearance, but rather looks at the heart .
God Honesty And Truth
Christ said that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. If Christ is Truth, then it follows that lying is moving away from Christ. Being honest is about following in God’s footsteps, for He cannot lie. If the Christian teen’s goal is to become more God-like and God-centered, then honesty needs to be a focus.
Hebrews 6:18 – “So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie.”
Don’t Miss: What Does Bible Say About Cremation Vs Burial
What Does Trusting God Mean
However, I think we can both agree, trusting God isnt exactly the same as trusting humans trusting Him is even better!
He does not fail, does not make mistakes, does not desert us in our time of need, and He is always present and available when we need Him.
Those are things finite humans cannot do no matter how hard they try, but He -as the infinite sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the universe- canand does.
Trusting God means being wholeheartedly confident in Him and His character. It means knowing He will do what He says He will do, and that Hell never act contrary to His character as disclosed in Scripture.
The Bible And Todays Takes On Truth
So what is truth? From a biblical perspective, all the views we surveyed earlier in this essay contain at least a grain of truth.
- Truth is what works rightly grasps that if truth means anything, it must impact our lives.
- Truth is what you make it discerns that none of us have perfect knowledge. None of us can claim a view from nowhere.
- Truth is what science tells us has a grain of truth in that science can tell us many true things about the world we live in.
- Truth is tyranny and should be resisted correctly recognizes that we all have a vested interest in the truth, which is a powerful concept that can be wielded for ill as well as for good.
Therefore, in addition to critiquing these four takes on truth, the Bible also fulfills and transforms them.
- Gods truth works because it teaches us how to be true from the heart.
- We dont make the truth, but Gods truth makes us. His perfect knowledge provides a firm footing from which we can discover truth.
- Science can tell us some truth because science discerns Gods own handiwork, whether or not it recognizes creation as Gods.
- The Bible subverts the tyranny of the lies we tell in the name of truth. The Bible resists every false truth claim, every oppressive narrative, every story used to subjugate. The Bible claims truth for itself, but it is a truth that brings light and life, freedom and flourishing.
Don’t Miss: Is The Bible Infallible
Trusting God Looks Like Obedience
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6, ESV
Here we are encouraged to trust the Lord completely, not depending on our own knowledge. Rather than having dependence upon our own selves, we ought to walk in faith and obedience to Him.
The result of our faith in action through obedience is that He will make the paths we take straight, which is another way of saying that He will make our paths free of obstacles.
This doesnt mean that our lives will become suddenly easier or less messy, but what it does mean is that as we faithfully obey Him, He will open doors and guide us in the way He wants us to go.
Trusting In God Looks Like Believing In Spite Of Our Feelings
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
Psalm 56:3-4, ESV
Satan is very good at creating situations in which he plants doubts in our minds concerning Gods trustworthiness .
Sometimes we dont even need Satan to inspire our doubt our own humanity tries to force God into a small enough framework we can understand Him with our finite minds. This smallness makes us then question if Hes big enough to care for us .
And sometimes our faith is small, like the disciples faith in Matthew 17:14-20. But, like the father of the boy with an unclean spirit in Mark 9:14-27, we can go to God with the faith we do have and ask Him to help our unbelief, trusting that He will answer us and grant us the ability to trust Him fully.
You May Like: What Does Omer Mean In The Bible
Verses About Trusting God
Despite the fact that God never commands anyone to trust in him, positive instances of the verb batach in the Old Testament almost always refer to trusting God. In fact, theres only one instance where trust is described positively that God is not the referent of that trust. Well get to that verse in a later section. For now, heres a list of 37 Old Testament verse that describes people who trust in God using the verb batach:
2 Kings 18:5 19:10 Is. 12:2 37:10 Jer. 7:14 17:7 39:18 Psa. 9:10 13:5 21:7 22:4, 9 25:2 26:1 28:7 31:6, 14 32:10 33:21 40:3 52:8 55:23 56:34, 11 62:10 84:12 86:2 91:2 119:42 125:1 143:8 Prov. 16:20 28:2526 29:25 1 Chr. 5:20
People who trust in God are like a tree planted by the water. They have no fear and no shame, but only salvation and deliverance. People who place their trust in God enjoy his presence and his steadfast love forever. Like Mount Zion, people who trust in the Lord cannot be moved.
Here are verses in the New Testament when the perfect tense of the verb petho is used to describe trust in God.
Matt. 27:43 Rom. 14:14 2 Cor. 1:9 Gal. 5:10 Phil. 1:14 2:24 2 Th. 3:4 2 Tim. 1:12
God Cares For His Creation
Look at the birds of the air they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
God cares for His creation. He cares for animals and plants , but this verse tells us that He is especially concerned with providing us with what we need. Worrying about your needs is not the answer to meeting them. Trusting in a God who cares about the details of your life is the better strategy.
The Sin That Grieves Gods Heart The Most Is Doubt
Some of you believe that God will answer, but because of Satan and sin there is a little unbelief and that is OK. Sometimes I have to pray, Lord I believe, but help my unbelief.
104. Mark 9:23-24 And Jesus said to him, If you can! All things are possible for one who believes. Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, I believe help my unbelief!
105. Matthew 14:31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt?
106. Jude 1:22 And have mercy on those who doubt.
107. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirableif anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things.
108. Genesis 18:12-15 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure? 13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh and say, Will I really have a child, now that I am old? 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son. 15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, I did not laugh. But he said, Yes, you did laugh.
Trusting God With Finances Verses
Trusting God with our finances is a challenge when were wondering how were going to pay all the bills and save up enough to prepare for the unexpected. Jesus said not to worry about having enough food to eat or clothes to wear. He said God takes care of the lilies and the ravens, and God will take care of us. Jesus said to seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and the Father will give you everything you need.
When we trust God with our finances, His Holy Spirit will guide us toward wise choices regarding our jobs, our investments, our spending, and our saving. Trusting God with our finances allows us to see Him work in ways we would have never imagined. Trusting God with our finances means spending regular time in prayer, seeking Gods blessings over our endeavors and His wisdom to guide us as we steward what He has given us. It also means realizing it isnt our money, but Gods money!
We can be generous to the needy without depleting our finances. One who is gracious to a poor person lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.
God blesses us when we tithe 10% of our income to God. God says to test Him in this! He promises to open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows. . You can trust God with your future and your finances.
46. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said: Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.
You May Like: What Does The Bible Say About Cremation Or Burial
What David Teaches Us About Trust
One thing we can conclude from our examination of David is that God is looking for men and women who are faithful in the small things, thankful in all things, truthful always, transparent before Him and the world, and trust totally in His word.
But the one thing that seems to stand out the most is TRUST.
David trusts God so completely that he is willing to face down bears and lions to rescue one of his sheep.
He is also willing to do hand-to-hand combat with the nine-foot giant Goliath because he firmly believes that, The Lord who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Phillistine! .
How many of us would walk up to an armed giant with nothing but a slingshot and a handful of stones and say, I trust that Gods got this?
Probably not me.
Bible Verses On Trusting God
Life is unpredictable. Even with the best plans and intentions, no one can predict for sure what will come their way in life.
In December 2019, no one planned New Year’s resolutions with COVID-19 in mind. Most of us had never heard of it. Life threw a big curveball.
When unexpected times come, everyone needs to be reminded that God is good, in control and trustworthy even if everything seems out of control. Below is a list of 21 reminders of that truth.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.
This is one of the most comforting verses to cling to when you are facing uncertainty or difficulty in your life. Your situation or the situation around you may be beyond your understanding, but it is not beyond Gods.
God knows what is going on all the hows, whens, and whys. When you do not know what to do or what will happen next, trust that He does. Follow Gods guidelines and commands knowing that as you practice obedience, He is working out the rest. The LORD is my strength and my shield my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him
You May Like: What Does Sanctified Mean In The Bible