Free Will And Gods Sovereignty
Lets take a look at a few verses that talk about free will and Gods sovereignty.
1. Romans 7:19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
2. Proverbs 16:9 The mind of the man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
3. Leviticus 18:5 So you shall keep My statutes and My judgments, by which a man may live if he does them I am the Lord.
4. 1 John 3:19-20 We will know by this that we are of the truth and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.
God Will Make A Way Bible Verse Kjv
"And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them." -Isaiah 42:16
This bible verse is such an encouragement to us because it tells us that even when we cant see the way, God is always there to lead us. He will never leave us alone in the dark.
Bible Verses About God’s Will
Bible Verses About God’s Will – Scripture Quotes on God’s Plan
God’s will for our lives has reason and purpose. It is through scripture, where we can find meaning and principles discerning God’s will. if you are interested in knowing Gods plan for your life, then you must learn to walk with God. You need to develop a relationship with Him. Christianity is all about a relationship and spiritual connection rather than just religion. You will cultivate that relationship best by spending time in His Word, taking time for prayer, and taking every opportunity you can to be involved in church and small group Bible study opportunities. When you seek these disciplines in your life, God will begin the first steps to revealing His plan to you.
Many times when we say we are seeking Gods will, what we are really wanting to say to God is this: OK, God, heres what Im planning to do. Now I need you to rubber-stamp this, all right? I must tell you that this is not really effective in finding His true will. Before God will begin to reveal His will to you, you must be committed to doing whatever it is that He desires for you to do. God will likely be slow to show you His plan if He knows you will likely not do that plan anyway.
Seek God’s will and plan for your life through obedience, prayer, and listening to the Holy Spirit. Use these Bible verses about the will of God to gain a better understanding of His plan for your life.
You May Like: What Does The Bible Say About God Being In Control
How Can I Hear From God
Now I told you that I heard God speak to my spirit. How do I know it was God? First and foremost I have to line it up with the Word. There will never be a discrepancy between God and his Word. So God will not tell you have an affair, take money that is not yours or lie, etc.
Its important to read your Bible daily so that you know what it says. The answers to most everything are there! He will most likely answer you through scripture.
- It gives us perspective. We dont want to make decisions from a worldly view, but a heavenly one.
- It gives us peace. We dont want to make decisions from fear.
- It gives us a personal relationship with God. We can make decisions with godly wisdom!
- It is our weapon against spiritual warfare. This prevents making decisions from confusion.
Take time making decisions. Sit in prayer. Sit in silence. Wait upon the Lord. Plan to obey when you do hear from him.
That time spent in prayer is not wasted. It builds a faithful relationship seeing an answer over time, seeing he has a plan and that his timing is best. What we learn during that time is valuable!
When You Feel Rudderless
Sometimes when we feel like we lack direction, we start fixating on figuring out Gods will. Part of that comes from our desire to please God, and part of it arises from a desire to have the answers laid out for us. But its seldom as simple as we desire.
If you feel like youre merely on autopilot and floating through life right now, check out 4 Tips for When You Feel Directionless. It will give you some easy steps to get you moving again.
You May Like: What Is The Best Bible Verse
Bible Verses About Seeking Gods Will
Bible verses related to Seeking Gods Will from the King James Version by Relevance
Topics and verses are auto-generated from user searches. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
Search the King James Version for more references about Seeking Gods Will…
God Wills We Avoid Sexual Immorality
It is Gods will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.
When we think about Gods will, we tend to think about big questions like, What does God want me to do for a living? But there are many areas where God has already revealed His will for us, and when we are attentive to those areas, the others become a little easier to discern.
The first step to discerning Gods will is to obey Him in the things Hes already communicated to us.
You May Like: How Are We Saved According To The Bible
Gods Glory Leads To Praise
1 Corinthians 10:31 states, So eat, drink, and do everything to Gods glory. We must do everything for Gods honor. From drinking water to eating a midnight snack, do so in Gods honor for His glory. Additionally, you study and write to glorify God. In any scenario, there are many ways to glorify God. Heres one method to glorify God. The shift may be subtle, but over time you will soon remember the Lord in all you do and to your eternal home .
60. Philippians 4:20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:20
61. Romans 11:36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen.
62. Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
63. Ephesians 1:12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
64. Isaiah 6:3 And one called to another and said: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts the whole earth is full of his glory!
65. 1 John 5:2 This is how we know that we love Gods children when we love God and obey His commands.
66. 1 John 2:3 By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.
Verses Discussing Mans Responsibility And Culpability:
5. Ezekiel 18:20 The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the fathers iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the sons iniquity the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.
6. Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.
7. John 9:41 Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you would have no sin but since you say, We see, your sin remains.
The term Free will is not found anywhere in scripture. But we can see verses that describe the very heart of man, the core of his will. We understand that mans will is limited by his nature. Man cannot flap his arms and fly, however much he wills it. The problem isnt with his will its with mans nature. Man was not created to fly like a bird. Because it is not his nature, he is not free to do it. So, what is mans nature?
Read Also: What Does The Bible Say About Women Pastors
God Will Make A Way Bible Verses
1. I am the LORD, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. Isaiah 43:16
2. I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16
3. Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low. The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth. Luke 3:5
4. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, Ephesians 5:8
5. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said: Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
6. The path of the righteous is level You clear a straight path for the upright. Isaiah 26:7
7. On that day the deaf will hear the words of the scroll, and out of the deep darkness the eyes of the blind will see. Isaiah 29:18
8. And whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: This is the way. Walk in it. Isaiah 30:21
9. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill made low the uneven ground will become smooth, and the rugged land a plain. Isaiah 40:4
10. The poor and needy seek water, but there is none their tongues are parched with thirst. I, the LORD, will answer them I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. Isaiah 41:17
God Wills That All People Are Saved
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
When it comes to theGreat Commission, we never have to wonder what Gods will is. He wants us to go to the ends of the earth and create disciples. If you commit yourself tosharing your faithwith others, you will be right at the center of Gods will.
Recommended Reading: Who Put All The Books Of The Bible Together
When You Have Done The Will Of God
So do not throw away your confidence it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
As the early church would testify, sometimes following Gods will means walking through unique struggles and suffering. The author of Hebrews encourages readers to dig deep and find the stamina to keep going so we can receive what was promised.
Practical Steps To Engage In Gods Plan
The Kingdom of God will be consummated after the church completes its mission to preach the gospel to every nation on earth. Jesus gave clear instruction to his church to preach the gospel to all nations, yet still we tarry in our obedience to Christs command. Every church should have a strategy for preaching the gospel among the nations. Churches that are successfully engaging in missionary service have these things in common:
The leadership of the church regularly preaches on the importance of fulfilling Jesus Great Commission.
The church regularly prays for specific unreached people groups to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The church understands that missionary service is more of a command than a calling. It is the responsibility of every local church to engage in Gods mission.
Faithful churches regularly appoint people from their congregation to missionary service.
Faithful churches partner with indigenous leaders from other countries to engage in cross cultural missionary service.
Faithful churches apportion significant financial resources to missionary endeavors, sacrificing personal comforts to increase their giving.
Faithful churches prioritize unreached people groups in their missionary endeavors, focusing on groups of people who have no Christian witness.
Don’t Miss: How Many Miracles Did Jesus Perform In The Bible
Doing Gods Will Out Of Trust And Obedience
Mark 3:34-35And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.
Romans 8:27And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
2 Corinthians 8:1-6We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us. Accordingly, we urged Titus that as he had started, so he should complete among you this act of grace.
Ephesians 6:5-7Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man
1 Peter 3:17For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be Gods will, than for doing evil.
What Is Gods Will And What Is Free Will
I read a book about Gods will and it said that theres no use even praying or asking others to pray for decisions in your life because its up to you. The author said God doesnt necessarily care who you marry, what school you go to, what house you buy etc. I threw the book away. I believe thats contrary to what the Bible says and contrary to my own testimony.
How could one say God doesnt doesnt care about major moments in our lives? The God who knows the number of hairs on our heads and collects our tears in a bottle doesnt care about our loved ones, our dreams, our goals or life events? Impossible.
God is in the details. He is in ALL of the details. He is the reason a fern unfurls at a perfect 2:3 ratio. The reason the earth orbits at the perfect distance from the sun. The reason a 3 billion letter code exists in the human cell. God laid the foundations of the earth and sustains them.
I think the confusion comes when we need to make decisions. What if I make the wrong decision and am outside Gods will? How will I know which way he wants me to go?
Several years ago I faced a dilemma, and as I prayed to God I felt him speak to my spirit. He said Child, if I went to all this trouble for free will, dont you think I would give you a choice?
Sometimes when there is a choice to make there is no right or wrong answer. It can simply be a matter of preference.
Sometimes there are choices that right and wrong. And the primary way we know Gods will is through the Bible.
You May Like: What Bible Verse Helps With Stress
Bible Verses About Trusting God
Every day challenges can test our trust in God. Fear and anxiety can rob us from faith. The future may seem uncertain right now, and worry keeps occupying too much room in your heart, in your mind, but remember this: God is already in all of our tomorrows. The Bible assures us that He knows our way, and He has a plan. And we can trust God’s way is the best way for us. We’ve collected some of our favorite Bible verses about trusting God that will reassure your faith and bring a new spring of hope.
God’s timing is perfect. We may never know why certian things happen during our lives on earth, but we can trust that God’s plan is for our good and that He goes before us. Trusting in God doesn’t mean we put on a smile and fake the appearance of faith – sometimes trusting God is crying out to Him in our pain. Our true hope is knowing that we can rejoice in the pain.
A Prayer For Trusting God
Lord, I thank You that You are the God of the impossible. You can do anything. I want to trust in Your ability and not my own. Teach me to see difficulties in my life from Your perspective. Help me to focus on You and Your power. I want to be like Joshua and Caleb who believed in a good report and focused on You even in hard circumstances . My responsibility is to carefully read, trust, and obey Your Word. Today I bring before You this difficulty in my life . Help me not to fear but to trust You in this situation. I declare my faith in Your ability to fulfill Your promises to me. You will fight for me and win the battles in my life. You are mighty, powerful, righteous, and true. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Recommended Reading: Does The Bible Condemn Slavery