God Asks Us To Take Care Of His Creation
In the Bible, God commands man to be a steward of the environment. Isaiah and Jeremiah prophesy about the dire consequences that occur when man disobeys God and fails to take care of the Earth:
Genesis 1:26“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'”
Leviticus 25:23-24“The land must not be sold permanently, because the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land.”
Ezekial 34:2-4“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who only take care of themselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.”
Jeremiah 2:7“I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable.”
Bible Verses About Protection From Evil And Harm
- Debbie W. WilsonWriter
- 201719 Apr
I dont like her. I was probably seven years old when I told my mother my reservations about a woman who was going to be my aunt. My uncle had brought his striking fiancée to meet the family. She smiled, but something about her said Beware.
When your child tells you she doesnt like someone, how do you respond? Or when you feel wary about someone in a respected position, what do you do? Often Christian parents tell their child, Now sweetie, were supposed to love everyone. They incorrectly believe that love means trusting.
Jesus told us to be discerning. When He warned against casting pearls before swine, He was talking about unsafe people, not livestock . God has placed internal radar within us. Sometimes we talk ourselves out of it because discernment feels judgmental and mean. Yet those warnings protect us.
After my uncle married his bride, her true nature came out. She was as cruel and beautiful as Snow Whites stepmother. My mother remembered my words and remarked that children see what adults often miss. Ive thought about that when, as an adult, Ive tried to talk myself out of uneasy feelings. I wanted to like the people I met. Trusting feels nice. Believing the best sounds kind. Yet, over the years, my instincts have usually proven right.
Dont let the fear of being judgmental, narrow, or foolish stop you from being discerning. Here are 10 Bible verses on protection from evil to boost your internal alarm system.
Every Living Thing Is Part Of God’s Creation
The weather, plants, and animals are all part of the environment God created on the Earth. The Bible says that they are as much a part of God’s creation as mankind itself:
Isaiah 43:20-21“The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.”
Job 37:14-18“Listen to this, Job stop and consider God’s wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge? You who swelter in your clothes when the land lies hushed under the south wind, can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?”
Matthew 6:26“Look at the birds of the air they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”
Also Check: What The Bible Says About Tattoos
What Does The Bible Say About Advocacy
The Bible clearly calls Christians to advocate for those in need.
If secular advocacy is calling on government officials to pay attention to whats important to you, biblical advocacy is reminding them to do what God has called them to do since 88% of Congress publicly claims faith in Christ.
The Bible is filled with many verses in which God specifically asks us to speak on behalf of those in need.
Who Can Ever Be Against Us
46. Isaiah 54:17 But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!
47. Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
48. Psalm 118:6-7 The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the LORD is for me he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me.
49. Isaiah 8:10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us.
50. Psalm 27:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
51. Psalm 46:2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth is transformed and the mountains are toppled into the depths of the seas.
52. Psalm 49:5 Why should I fear in times of trouble, when wicked usurpers surround me?
53. Psalm 55:23 But You, O God, will bring them down to the Pit of destruction men of bloodshed and deceit will not live out half their days. But I will trust in You.
Don’t Miss: Bible Verses About Blood Transfusion
Best Bible Verses For Protection
Bible Verses for Protection of Body Mind and Soul. My God my rock in whom I take refuge my shield and the horn of my salvation my stronghold and my refuge my savior.
Best Bible Verses For Protection. God does protect us. While growing up I had a very headstrong elder brother. A right relationship and mindset with God provides us with the perspective priority and his power to accomplish his will in our lives and to provide us stamina strength and courage to persevere through lifes storms valleys and giants. I call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised and I am saved from my enemies.
What does the Bible say about Gods protection in the storms of life. He moves all through the earth searching for an opportunity to strike. Bible Verses About Protection. What kind of protection can we count on from God. When the storms are real weather-related storms Matthew 823-27 And when he got into the boat his disciples followed him. While growing up I had a very headstrong elder brother.
God Uses The Earth To Teach Us
It is important, according to the Bible, to the study the Earth and the environment. The Bible says that knowledge of God and his works can be found in understanding plants and animals and the delicate web of life:
Job 12:7-10“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.”
Romans 1:19-20“…since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualitieshis eternal power and divine naturehave been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”
Isaiah 11:9“They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.”
You May Like: What Is The Chronological Order Of The Bible
Protection In Tough Times
54. Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
55. Isaiah 41:13 For I hold you by your right handI, the LORD your God. And I say to you, Dont be afraid. I am here to help you.
56. Deuteronomy 4:31 For the LORD your God is a merciful God he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors.
57. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid do not be discouraged.
58. Psalm 20:1 In times of trouble, may the LORD answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.
59. Psalm 94:13 You give them relief from troubled times until a pit is dug to capture the wicked.
60. Psalm 46:11 The LORD of Hosts is with us the God of Jacob is our fortress.
61. Psalm 69:29 But I am in pain and distress let Your salvation protect me, O God.
62. Psalm 22:8 He trusts in the LORD, let the LORD deliver him let the LORD rescue him, since He delights in him.
63. 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
God Created The Earth
God is not just a powerful figure in the worldhe is the creator of the world. He brought it into existence with all of its interconnected processes, animate and inanimate, which means that even the smallest pebble is the work of his design:
Psalms 104: 25-30“There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond numberliving things both large and small. There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there. These all look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things. When you hide your face, they are terrified when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust. When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the earth.”
John 1:3“Through him all things were made without him nothing was made that has been made.”
Colossians 1:16-17“For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”
Nehemiah 9:6“You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.”
Recommended Reading: What Does The Bible Say About Depression And Sadness
What Does Jesus Say About Protecting Yourself
As if to confirm Marks Gospel, we find these additional words of Christ in the Gospel of Luke: When the strong man, fully armed, guards his courtyard, his property is undisturbed . In case anyone still doesnt get the point, it is not enough simply to defend yourself when the situation arises you should be
Praying For Protection Over Our Children
The world can be an evil place a scary place a dangerous place. When it comes to thinking about the safety of our children in this world, our minds often instantly turn to senseless tragedies in recent years like the Columbine or the massacre in Sandy Hook, CT, where so many innocent children lost their lives in school, a place where we assume our children are going to be safe from all harm. How many of us heard the news that day, filled with such anguish and empathy towards those hurting parents, and immediately sought out our own kids to hold, maybe just a little tighter than usual?
While the weeks that followed the Sandy Hook shooting become heated politically, we parents were still left with the responsibility to see to it that our children are protected whenever they are not in our sight. We have made sure all the necessary precautions are in place at school . The safety specialists have been brought in, and procedures have been changed to ensure tighter safety measures are being followed to protect our kids. But can we do more?
I recently found out that Jehovah-Nissi, Gods name in Hebrew, literally means One who delivers, preserves, shelters, covers and watches over us! God really is the Great Protector! Parents, we must call on God for His protection over our children.
Pray often. Take your thoughts and actions captive. Stay in Gods Word. Remember God is faithful, even when are not.
You May Like: How Many Psalms Are There In The Bible
God Is Faithful To Protect You From Evil
36. Psalm 91:14-16 The Lord says, I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.
37. Psalm 91:1-6 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
38. 2 Timothy 2:13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.
39. Romans 3:3 What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God?
40. Psalm 119:90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
41. Lamentations 3:22-23 The Lords acts of mercy indeed do not end, For His compassions do not fail. 23 They are new every morning Great is Your faithfulness.
42. Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the loving devotion of the LORD forever with my mouth I will proclaim Your faithfulness to all generations.
Shadrach Meshach And Abednego
Daniel had three friends, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who were thrown into a furnace of fire for refusing to worship the idol set up by King Nebuchadnezzar. They refused to worship the idol because they were God-fearing men and trusted that God would save them from the fire. God saved them, and the flames of fire did not harm them in any way.
King Nebuchadnezzar noticed a fourth person whom he identified as the Son of God walking around in the fire with the three men. None of the four men were bound while in the fire . This shows us that when we face persecution because of our faith, God will come to our rescue and protect us. Gods hedge of protection will always be around us whether we see it or not.
What Does The Scripture Say About Protection
The Scripture says much about Gods promises to protect His people who love Him and keep His commandments. To such people God says I will never leave you nor forsake you . However, it is important for us to clearly understand that although God has the ability to deliver us out of every calamity, trouble, or life-challenge, it may not be His will to do so. There are times when God decides to use these trials to purify us. During such moments, instead of weeping and grinding our teeth over our situation, we should rather rejoice in our hearts because by allowing such trials to come our way, God test our faith or trust in Him to develop more faith that will lead us through perseverance and endurance to spiritual maturity in the likeness of Christ .
More of what the Scripture says about the protection of God for His people
All things in Heaven and on Earth belong to God. He is the one who blesses with riches: Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever . 1 Samuel 2:7 says, The LORD sends poverty and wealth he humbles and he exalts. In our quest for riches, we should lay emphasis on achieving Heavenly Riches that last forever .
The Essence of Gods Protection
God Does Not Forsake The Righteous
If you want Gods love and protection, you must always come closer to him
He is willing to protect you each time you seek him
Your husband, wife, children, and your relatives need his protection
You cannot do anything without him
There are lots of reasons to need Gods protection in your home
And he is ready to protect and provide for you if you serve him
It all starts with acknowledging your sins and repenting afterward
And then, you fervently serve and obey his commands
If you do this, God is happy protecting your family from the wicked evil hands of the devil
The scriptures say,
25 And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
Don’t Miss: What The Bible Says About Loneliness