You Can Trust God With Your Life
Many people have said that, God has abandoned me.
He never abandoned you. No, you have given up! Just because you are going through hard times does not mean that He has abandoned you. That doesnt mean that He doesnt hear you. Sometimes you have to wrestle with God for 5 years.
There are some prayers that I had to wrestle with God for 3 years before He answered. You have to fight in prayer. It is not God who quits. It is us who quit and give up. Sometimes God answers in 2 days. Sometimes God answers in 2 years.
Some of you have been praying for that one unsaved family member for 10 years. Continue to wrestle! He is faithful. Nothing is impossible for Him. I will not let you go until you answer me! We need to be like Jacob and wrestle with God until we die. Blessed are those who wait on the Lord.
92. Genesis 32:26-29 Then the man said, Let me go, for it is daybreak. But Jacob replied, I will not let you go unless you bless me. The man asked him, What is your name?Jacob, he answered. Then the man said,Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome. Jacob said, Please tell me your name. But he replied, Why do you ask my name? Then he blessed him there.
93. Psalm 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
96. Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
God Said No To Paul Concerning The Thorn In His Flesh
Paul said, A thorn in the flesh was given to me Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you . The reasons for God saying no in a situation as this could be because He wants us to depend on His grace, keep us humble or from exalting ourselves or so we might become strong or stronger .
No one knows for sure what the thorn in Pauls flesh really was. We can speculate but I believe it was left open so it could apply to us in whatever we might be facing. There may be times when God says to us, My grace is sufficient for you . Below are a few different scenarios as to what Pauls thorn might have been. Remember, these are all speculative. No one knows for sure.
When God Says No
- 2021Dec 19
When God Says No By: Anne Peterson
Todays Bible Verse – For the Lord God is a sun and shield, the Lord gives grace and glory no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. – Psalm 84:11
God meets our needs. We know this because He calls himself Jehovah Jireh, which means The Lord Will Provide. Paul tells us in Scripture God will supply all our needs . But can we talk about something we all find difficult? Its those times when God says no to us. Ive had times like that in my life, and Im sure you have as well.
I had been staying with my brother and his wife, helping them with their brand new son, a beautiful baby boy. I held him, rocked him and loved him at first sight, their first child. After about six days I headed back home to my family, about an hour away. The phone rang.
Anne, pray! Joseph is all blue. I called 911.
I paced back and forth, saying over and over, Not the baby, Lord.
One hour later I got another call, Hes gone. They said it was crib death.
I wrestled with this one for a long time. They never had another child.
God knows the future, we dont. He knows the plans He has for us and those plans are to prosper us, not to harm us . The definition of harm is physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.
Out of Love
What Is The Spirit Behind Gossip
Answer: There are two things at work when it comes to gossip: judgment and a desire to be first. When we engage in gossip, we are passing judgment on another person. Furthermore, we often want to be the first to share juicy details about someone elses life because it makes us feel important.
The spirit behind gossip is both harmful and hurtful. It Is Important to remember that words can break someones spirit just as easily as they can build them up. Next time youre tempted to engage in gossip, take a step back and consider the impact your words might have. Instead of tearing someone down, try building them up. Thats the true spirit of love.
God Is Always Watching Over You While You Sleep
15. Psalm 121:2-5 My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let you fall. Your guardian will not fall asleep. Indeed, the Guardian of Israel never rests or sleeps. The Lord is your guardian. The Lord is the shade over your right hand.
16. Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid. When you rest, your sleep will be peaceful.
17. Psalm 4:7-8 But you have made me happier than they will ever be with all their wine and grain. When I go to bed, I sleep in peace, because, Lord, you keep me safe.
18. Psalm 3:3-6 But you, Lord, protect me. You bring me honor you give me hope. I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me from his holy mountain. I can lie down to rest and know that I will wake up, because the Lord covers and protects me. So I will not be afraid of my enemies, even if thousands of them surround me.
19. Psalm 37:24 Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, for the LORD is holding his hand.
20. Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
21. Psalm 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation he is my defence I shall not be greatly moved.
22. Psalm 3:3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
23. Psalm 5:12 For surely You, O LORD, bless the righteous You surround them with the shield of Your favor.
26. Psalm 121:8 The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in. From this time forth and forever.
Read Also: Chronical Order Of The Bible
Trust Gods Timing Bible Verses
David was a shepherd boy anointed by the prophet Samuel to be king. But it took many years for the crown to rest on his head years spent hiding out in caves from King Saul. David must have felt frustrated, and yet he said:
But as for me, I trust in You, LORD, I say, You are my God. My times are in Your hand.
David had to learn to put his times in Gods hands. Sometimes, waiting on God might seem like an exceedingly long, desperate delay, but Gods timing is perfect. He knows things we dont know He knows whats going on behind the scenes, in the spiritual realms. Unlike us, He knows the future. Thus, we can trust His timing. We can say to God, My times are in Your hand.
98. Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time It hurries toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it delays, wait for it For it will certainly come, it will not delay long.
99. Psalm 27:14 Dont be impatient. Wait for the Lord, and he will come and save you! Be brave, stouthearted, and courageous. Yes, wait and he will help you.
100. Lamentations 3:25-26 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.
101. Jeremiah 29:11-12 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
Some People Wonder Why Are They In Difficult Situations And Going Through Hard Time
Where is God? God is here, but you need experience. If I have a problem Im not going to want to go to someone who has never been through what Ive been through. Im going to someone who has actually lived it. Im going to someone with experience. You can trust God. Nothing that you go through is meaningless. It is doing something.
90. 2 Corinthians 1:4-5 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.
91. Hebrews 5:8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.
Read Also: Rhema Bible Correspondence School
Connect3: When God Says No
Lesson 1 in the BaptistWay Press Connect360 unit Solomon: No Ordinary Kind of Wisdom focuses on 1 Chronicles 28:1-10.
- Lesson 1 in the BaptistWay Press Connect360 unit Solomon: No Ordinary Kind of Wisdom focuses on 1 Chronicles 28:1-10.
After David addressed the people, he turned to address his son directly. He encouraged Solomon to know, seek and serve God. He warned him not to forsake God, but to be strong and build the Temple. David not only told him what to do, he told Solomon how to do it. He told Solomon to seek and know God with his whole heart and to serve God with a willing mind. The knowing, the seeking, and the serving of God should not be done half-heartedly but wholeheartedly. This concept is a common theme in both books of Chronicles. It is mentioned seven times throughout both books.
This is sound advice for anyone. A man or woman in full-time ministry needs to make sure they know, seek and serve the Lord because they need to be in the will of God. If perhaps you are a businessperson, this advice is crucial in developing a business that has a kingdom perspective and not simply a worldly one. Many people may soon be taking on a new career path. Davids advice is good and can help you get started on the right foot. This exhortation is profitable for young people whether you are a youth or a young adult. It is good to learn this early in life rather than late.
What The Bible Says About Sleep And Anxiety
Have you ever been too anxious to sleep? Too stressed? Too worried? Thoughts of the past day or the day ahead swirling around in your head and you cant settle down and drift off to sleep? Youre not alone! Lots of people experience this problem and it is nothing new to the modern world. Lets see what the Bible says about the connection between anxiety and sleep.
Also Check: Do Not Be Afraid Bible Verse 365
In What Ways Does God Answer Prayers
Bill Hybel once said, If the request is wrong, God says No. If the timing is wrong, God says Slow. If you are wrong, God says Grow. But if the request is right and the timing is right and you are right, God says Go.
This quote may be simplistic and it does invite much deeper theological exposition, but at its core, there are several answers that depend on what we are asking for, the internal condition of our hearts, and the divine will of God. Lets look at each of these.
First, we should look at what we are asking for. We may think that we are destined to own a certain thing, or to get a certain job, or to be secure in a given relationship. But is the thing we ask God for right for us meaning, will it honor God? If we want a job just so we can earn more money, that may not be the right reason to take it or a new relationship may pull you further away from God. Such requests are not ones that God would fulfill.
Next, we should look at the condition of our hearts. If we are asking for something from purely selfish or even sinful desires, or when we ask for things that are clearly outside what God wants for us, that is obvious ground for God denying our request. Even if we do ask for good things but we just want God to give them to us out of a sense of entitlement, this too is a wrong motivation.
Bible Verses About Without Hope
My days are swifter than a weavers shuttle,And come to an end without hope.
Its torrents wash away the dust of the earth So You destroy mans hope.
Behold, your expectation is false Will you be laid low even at the sight of him?
The hope of the righteous is gladness,But the expectation of the wicked perishes.
When a wicked man dies, his expectation will perish,And the hope of strong men perishes.
The desire of the righteous is only good,But the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone And He has uprooted my hope like a tree.
Keep your feet from being unshodAnd your throat from thirst But you said, It is hopeless!No! For I have loved strangers,And after them I will walk.
For what is the hope of the godless when he is cut off,When God requires his life?
So I say, My strength has perished,And so has my hope from the Lord.
When she saw, as she waited,That her hope was lost,She took another of her cubsAnd made him a young lion.
Ashkelon will see it and be afraid.Gaza too will writhe in great pain Also Ekron, for her expectation has been confounded.Moreover, the king will perish from Gaza,And Ashkelon will not be inhabited.
Recommended Reading: How Many Psalms Are There In The Bible
Psalms About Trusting God
Psalm 27 is a beautiful psalm written by David, probably when he was hiding from King Sauls army. David trusted in Gods protection, saying, The LORD is my light and my salvation whom should I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life whom should I dread? If an army encamps against me, my heart will not fear. If war arises against me, in spite of this I am confident. David said, On the day of trouble He will conceal me . . . He will hide me in the secret place. Wait for the LORD be strong and let your heart take courage.
Psalm 31 is another of Davids psalms most likely written while escaping Saul. David asks God to Be a rock of strength for me, a stronghold to save me. For the sake of Your name You will lead me and guide me. You will pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me. I trust in the LORD. I will rejoice and be glad in Your faithfulness. David pours out all his troubles and agonized feelings to God in verse 9-13, and then says, How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You have performed for those who take refuge in You.
David wrote Psalm 55 in heartbreak over a close friends treachery. As for me, I shall call upon God, and the LORD will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and moan, and He will hear my voice. Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you He will never let the righteous be shaken.
Scriptures On Faith And Trusting God
Faith leads to trust. When we develop our faith in God fully believing that He is able then we can relax and trust Him we can rely on Him to work all things together for our good. Trusting God is choosing to have faith in what He says. In our unpredictable and uncertain lives, we have a firm foundation in Gods unchanging character. Trusting God does not mean ignoring reality. It is living a life of faith in Gods promises rather than being driven by emotion. Instead of looking for security in other people or things, we find our security in trusting God through our faith that God loves us, God is fighting for us, and He is always with us.
130. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
131. 2 Chronicles 20:20 They rose early in the morning and went out to the wilderness of Tekoa and when they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Listen to me, Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: Put your trust in the Lord your God and you will endure. Put your trust in His prophets, and succeed.
132. Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
133. Mark 11:22-24 Have faith in God, Jesus answered. 23 Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Recommended Reading: Inerrant And Infallible