Bible Verses About Faith
1. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10
2. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strongthat is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each others faith. Romans 1:11-12
3. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, You have faith and I have works. Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. James 2:14-26
4. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
5. For by grace you have been saved through faith. Ephesians 2:8-10
6. In the same way, let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven. Matthew 5:16
7. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
8. Fear not, for I am with you be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Romans 12:3
He Makes Your Path Straight
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
When your journeys take you through the arid desert, finding the straightest path is critical. This is the image the writer of Proverbs conjures up here. When we trust and lean into the Lord, He straightens the path before us. But when we rely on our own understanding, we end up going around in circles. And we may waste our time just to wind up in the place God always intended.
When You Feel Rudderless
Sometimes when we feel like we lack direction, we start fixating on figuring out God’s will. Part of that comes from our desire to please God, and part of it arises from a desire to have the answers laid out for us. But it’s seldom as simple as we desire.
If you feel like youre merely on autopilot and floating through life right now, check out “4 Tips for When You Feel Directionless.” It will give you some easy steps to get you moving again.
Also Check: Fear In Bible How Many Times
Bible Verses About Love
The Bible has a lot to say about the bonds of love and devotion. Bible verses about love speak of the perfect love that everyone should have toward their friends, family and mankind, not to mention the Lord. However, Bible verses about love also offer a revealing look at the strength and hope that romantic love can provide. It can be difficult to put your feelings for one another into words, but these Bible verses about love seem to capture its essence just right.
13. Romans 13:8:“Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
14. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”
15. 1 Corinthians 13:2: “If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.”
16. 1 Corinthians 16:14: “Do everything in love.”
17. Song of Solomon 8:7: “Many waters cannot quench love rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.”
18. Psalm 143:8: “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”
21. Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle be patient, bearing with one another in love.”
Lets Deconstruct A Bible Reference
- Although the Bible is often referred to as a book, it actually is a written by different people over a period of about 1500 years. Therefore, if people want to refer to a particular Bible verse, theyll start with the name of the Biblical book, which may be the name of the author, the name of the recipient, or a summary of the books content. Sometimes theyll add a number, like 2 Samuel or first Timothy, if there are multiple parts of a book, or multiple letters written by or to the same person. Most Bible copies contain a list of all Biblical books with corresponding page numbers to help you find them. In digital versions , just type the name of the book in the navigation bar.
- Most biblical books are pretty long. Therefore they have been divided into chapters indicated with a number, like John 3
- Sometimes people want to refer to just one sentence. To make that easier, chapters have been divided into verses. These also have a number, and are often indicated by a :. For example: John 3:16 means the gospel written by John, third chapter, verse number 16. Just try to find this verse for yourself it contains the most important truth ever!
You May Like: How Many Times In The Bible Does It Say Fear Not
Thanks For Praying With Us
Using the email you provided, we’ll send you our inspirational prayer email every fortnight. You can unsubscribe at any time. Want to find out more about Compassion? Discover how child sponsorship works.
- 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- 1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Looking Up A Verse With A Concordance
Also Check: Is The Bible Inerrant And Infallible
Scriptures On Being Sick And Healing
The Word often speaks about illness and suffering while pointing toward the flesh as the cause. As we are made of a body that decays, we need to be reminded of our imperfect nature and the necessity of eternal life, which the Bible points out time and time again. Jesus came to take away our decaying forms and replace them with eternal forms free from sickness and death by showing us the route to Heaven through salvation.
To fully realize the necessity of Jesus sacrifice, we need illness to remind us of our human nature. The only cure for our flesh is the spirit that comes from salvation via Jesus Christ. Romans 5:3-4 embodies the necessity of suffering, More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.
While enjoying sickness does not happen, God uses physical affliction to sharpen our spirit and bring us closer to Him. While on earth, Jesus healed physical ailments to help people understand how God can cure the problem of sin. If the Lord can reverse problems of the flesh, how much more will He do to guide your spirit to a place of health and life?
1. Romans 5:3-4 And not only this, but we also celebrate in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance 4 and perseverance, proven character and proven character, hope.
2. Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Popular Bible Verses About Hope
40. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9
41. Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord,I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18
42. When I fall, I will arise when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:8
43. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance and perseverance, character and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4
44. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27
45. He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
Related: 125 Best Quotes About Hope
46. But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
47. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
50. For we are Gods handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
Also Check: What Does The Bible Say About Eating Fat
Inspirational Bible Verses About Faith
Faith is what gives us the courage to keep going when we feel overwhelmed. It is through faith in God that we can trust in His goodness. Looking for encouraging Bible verse to grow your faith? These Scripture quotes will help you know the power of God that is available to us when we call on Him in faith!
“For nothing will be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37
“For through faith. And this is not your own doing it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
“And Jesus answered them, ‘Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and thrown into the sea, it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.’ ” Matthew 21:21-22
“And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
“May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,” Colossians 1:11
The Order Of Biblical Books
To make things more complex, the Biblical books are grouped into two collections: the so-called Old Testament and New Testament. The main difference is that the Old Testament was written before Jesus Christ was born, and the New Testament was written after his coming. For more information about these two collections of books, see
Within each Testament, most contemporary Bible versions have ordered the books according to genre and / or chronologically. Jewish versions have a different order of the Old Testament .
Recommended Reading: What Does God Say About Loneliness
Bible Verses About Marriage To Help You Find Gods Purpose For Your Relationship
Marriage is a holy institution ordained by God. When two people enter into marriage, they are committing themselves to each other before God and pledging to love and honor Him above all else. Marriage is not always easy, but it can be a beautiful reflection of Christs love for the church when both husband and wife commit themselves to follow Him. Here are 10 Bible verses about marriage that will help you find Gods purpose for your relationship!
Equipped To Do God’s Will
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
This is a beautiful passage to end on. The resurrection of Jesus has put an exclamation on what we already knew to be true: our God is mighty and all-powerful. And the same power that was able to raise Jesus from the dead will equip us with everything we need to accomplish His will!
Don’t Miss: List Of 365 Do Not Fear Bible Verses
Money Principle #1: Leave A Legacy
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous.Proverbs 13:22
Heres a good example of a passage that helps to clarify moneys place in life. The writer of Proverbs tells us that a good man will leave an inheritance for not only his children, but also his grandchildren.
One has to amass a certain amount of wealth and understand how to invest it for that to be able to happen. Scripture supports wise and strategic uses of money.
Money Principle #: Dont Let Prosperity Blind You
For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.Revelation 3:17
Throughout the Old Testament, gain is tied to the blessings of God. In the New Testament, its reframed as a potential calamity. It can be both. The scariest place to be is in a position of security that blinds you to your need for the goodness and grace of God in our lives. Inwardly we all come to God as a beggar. When we have what we need, its easy to mistake our outward comfort for our inward condition.
Don’t Miss: Bible Love Thy Neighbor
Bible Verses About Relationships
There’s no relationship manual that tells you how to overcome obstacles and strengthen the ties you have with your loved ones . Thankfully, Bible verses about love serve as excellent guides these scriptures offer jewels of wisdom that can help you navigate the ups and downs of love, as well as convey your heartfelt thoughts to your future spouse. There are a number of marriage scriptures and Bible verses about love that touch on the subject of relationships that you may want to mention on your wedding day.
26. Hebrews 10:24-25: “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one anotherâand all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
27. Proverbs 30:18-19: “There are three things that amaze meâno, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman.”
28. 1 John 4:12: “No one has ever seen God but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”
29. Proverbs 31:10: “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.”
31. Romans 12:10: “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
32. 1 Peter 4:8: “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.”
33. Ephesians 5:21: “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
The Importance Of Taking Care Of Your Body
Although flesh dies, the human body is a gift made by God to tether us to the earth. As long as you are on this earth, take care of the gift given to you. No, caring for your body will not remove all ailments but can prevent many. For now, your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit , and the Spirit deserves a nice place to live while He maintains your soul.
Romans 12:1 says, I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Keeping control of your flesh allows you to maintain a healthy relationship with your Creator. Sickness impacts spiritual nature, and by maintaining your flesh, you keep yourself a vessel ready to be filled by God.
11. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought for a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
12. 1 Timothy 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
13. Romans 12:1 I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of Gods mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.
14. 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
You May Like: Omer Bible