Praying For Your Daughter
10. Ephesians 1:16-17 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
11. 2 Timothy 1:3-4 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.
12. Numbers 6:24-26 The Lord bless you and keep you the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Naomi And Ruth: Mothers And Daughters
Time: the Judges~1400-1000 B.C.
When the fig tree does not bud, and there are no grapes on the vines when the olive trees do not produce, and the fields yield no crops when the sheep disappear from the pen, and there are no cattle in the stalls, I will rejoice because of the Lord I will be happy because of the God who delivers me! HABAKKUK 3:17-18
When Love Hurts: Healing Broken Mother
It has been theorized that each of us holds three to five core lies about ourselves or God. Unchallenged, these lies can hold us in hurtful and negative patterns.
By Debbie Alsdorf and Joan Edwards Kay, MA, LMFT, Authors of Its Momplicated
The mother-daughter relationship is complicated. Whether intentional or unintentional, there may be a variety of ways in which you feel your mother did not meet your needs. But once you identify these areas, you can begin to pursue healing.
There are two levels of healing with our mothers: One is external, and one is internal. While we may long for external healingto resolve our conflicts, to have our mothers show us love, to be close to them and nurtured by themreality determines whether or not this is possible. Much depends on whether your mother is still living and whether she is willing to do her part to heal the relationship.
On the other hand, internal healing is something you do on your own, and it is always possible. The first step to repair any relationship is to stop pointing fingers at the other person and focus on ourselves. You are the only person you ultimately have the power to change.
The goal is to live out of our true adult selves, rather than out of our childhood wounds or patterns.
Theres no real formula for healingit is supernatural, the work of the Holy Spirit. But, there are a few things you can do to put you on the right path.
Short Prayer For Mother And Daughter Relationships
- Lord, thank you for today. I am happy to be among the living.
- Lord, I ask for the forgiveness of my sins. Thank you for preserving my life despite my iniquities.
- Lord, I ask for the forgiveness of my daughters sins. Please keep her safe from evil eyes.
- Lord, I ask for a better relationship between my daughter and me. Let her see the true love I have for her.
- Lord, I pray that you instill your love into my daughters heart. If she loves you, she would definitely love me.
- Lord, I ask that my daughter forgive me for every wrong. Please let our relationship continue to grow stronger.
- Lord, I rebuke all enemies trying to break the relationship I have with my daughter. Let them fail before they even start.
- Lord, I pray against bad and fake friends. Let your grace lead my daughter to people that would teach her your ways.
- Lord, I pray for my family. I ask for financial growth to be able to take care of my children.
Examples Of A Mothers Love In The Bible
Biblical moms werent perfect, just like we arent perfect. They got tired, frustrated, and even angry at times. I can imagine there were situations when they called their naughty child by all three names to get their attention! They most likely shed many tears of concern for their kids and spent hours on their knees or at least stolen moments in the bathroom praying for their dear ones.
Each of these mothers had a deep faith and trust in their Lord God. They knew Him. They experienced His reality in their lives. Each one had a difficult lifes path and most likely relied heavily on that faith and knowledge of their Father. The one main thing they all had in common was that their eyes focused on God and His will and plan for their lives as moms. Albeit in the middle of fussy babies, dirty diapers , and tantrummy toddlers.
Lets take a peek at what the Bible says about a mothers love by looking at these three women of God, and while were peaking, imagine chatting with each one over coffee about how their faith makes a difference in their mothering.
RELATED: Praying Mothers in the Bible
Also Check: Does The Bible Talk About Gays
Day Four Study The Walk From Fear To Faith
God loved Ruth and Naomi. He knew what was going on in their lives. Naomi voiced her grief over the death of her husband and sons but never stopped trusting Him to do something about her situation. Ruths relationship with God started the same way most relationships with Him do. She came to know and value someone who knew Him well. That someone was Naomi. These women were not only Gods provision to each other but also a way for Him to make Himself known through their lives. You may face grief and seemingly overwhelming challenges in your own life. But just like Naomi and Ruth, you can count on these truths
§ God loves me.
§ God knows what is going on in my life.
§ God can do something about it.
§ I can trust His goodness in whatever He chooses to do!
26. List all the circumstances that could have terrified Naomi. Instead, how did she respond to God by faith?
27. List all the circumstances that could have terrified Ruth. Instead, how did she respond to God by faith?
28. Your Lifes Journey: Read Habakkuk 3:17-18, Daniel 3:16-18, and the song lyrics below. What decision should we make when things are tough? Do you trust God enough to make that decision? If so, give an example from your life when you have done so.
Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free. Bring me anything that brings You glory. And I know therell be days when this life brings me pain. But if thats what it takes to praise You, Jesus, bring the rain
Inspiring Bible Verses For Daughters
These wise bible verses about raising children teach us how to welcome a new member of the family with open arms. It can sometimes be challenging to create a space that accommodates every member of the family without overstepping on anyones boundaries, but we must be reminded that having a new member of the family is a time for celebration. Offer these uplifting positive scriptures as welcoming words for your new daughters, for they are a beautiful gift God blessed us with.
Also Check: How To Study Your Bible For Beginners
Examples Of Daughters In The Bible
16. Genesis 19:30-31 Afterward Lot left Zoar because he was afraid of the people there, and he went to live in a cave in the mountains with his two daughters.
17. Genesis 34:9-10 Intermarry with us give your daughters to us and take our daughters for yourselves. Thus you shall live with us, and the land shall be open before you live and trade in it and acquire property in it.
18. Numbers 26:33
19. Ezekiel 16:53 However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them,
20. Judges 12:9 He had thirty sons and thirty daughters. He sent his daughters to marry men outside his clan, and he brought in thirty young women from outside his clan to marry his sons. Ibzan judged Israel for seven years.
Bonus: Gods Word
Deuteronomy 11:18-20 Fix these words of mine into your mind and being, and tie them as a reminder on your hands and let them be symbols on your forehead. Teach them to your children and speak of them as you sit in your house, as you walk along the road, as you lie down, and as you get up. Inscribe them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates
Best Mothers Day Bible Verses To Pull At Her Heartstrings
Find a Bible verse thats perfect for your mom and the special bond you both share.
on April 06, 2022
No Mothers Day gift would be complete without a sentimental present that melts moms heart. Whether youre writing mom or grandma a card, posting on Instagram, or looking for the right way to add a personal touch to your , try including these Bible verses to show mom just how much you care. For each picture you print, add a Bible verse about the importance of motherhood and family to really pull at her heartstrings (either by text page or caption.
Read Also: Why Should I Believe The Bible
Encouraging Bible Verses To Read With Your Daughters Every Day
Feel Free To Share – Thanks!
Its not always easy being a girl, especially in todays world! Sometimes it feels like theres so much pressure from society to do this, or do that, dress like her, eat like them, find your worth in this person, etc.
But even with all the pressure, Gods Word sticks around to guide, encourage, and inspire our daughters to stay godly and remind them that theres always hope!
Thats why I wanted to share with you 10 powerful verses to encourage your daughters with!
Beautiful And Inspirational Bible Verses For Daughters
Modified: Jul 27, 2022
Bible verses about children prove that children are a blessing from the Lord. When God blessed us with a daughter, He blessed us with the gift of parenthood. This alone can be challenging, but as these bible verses for daughters teach us, the guidance we offer our daughters is always rooted in the guidance of God . These bible verses are beautiful daughter quotes too, as they offer insight and enlightenment on what it means to be a daughter of God. May we as parents use the scripture to lead our daughters into confidence and unwavering faith in God.
35 Beautiful And Inspirational Bible Verses For Daughters Content
Also Check: What The Bible Says About Drinking
Start Children Off On The Way They Should Go And Even When They Are Old They Will Not Turn From It Proverbs 2: 6 Niv
This scripture passage is a reminder that you should start instilling principles of right and wrong very early in your daughter’s life. This way when she gets older they will be a part of her.
Raising a daughter is very similar to building a house as a solid foundation is needed. Ephesians 6:4 teaches parents how to create a lasting foundation for their children. It states, “fathers, do not exasperate your children instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord”.
You Shall Rise Before The Grayheaded Honor The Presence Of An Old Man And Fear Your God I Am The Lord Leviticus 19 22 Nkjv
Honor your father and mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you that your days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with you, in the land which the LORD your God gives you. Exodus 20:12 NKJV
And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:7 NKJV
You shall rise before the grayheaded and honor the presence of an old man , and fear your God I am HaShem. Leviticus 19 22 NKJV
Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with promise that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth. And you fathers do not provoke your children to wrath but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6 1-4 NKJV
The Bible teaches that children should obey their parents. The fifth commandment states, Honor your father and mother In Ephesians 6:1-4, Paul reminds us to listen to and obey our parents as we would God: Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with promise that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth. And you fathers do not provoke your children to wrath but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.
Don’t Miss: How To Prove The Bible
Bible Verses About Love
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7:“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:13:“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
- John 15:12:“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
- 1 John 4:19:“We love because he first loved us.”
- Romans 13:8: Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
- 1 John 4:12:“No one has ever seen God but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.”
- Psalm 143:8:“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”
- John 15:13: “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down ones life for ones friends.”
- Galatians 5:22-23:“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control against such things there is no law.”
- Romans 12:9-10:“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:14: Do everything in love.”
Honor Your Father And Your Mother So That You May Live Long In The Land The Lord Your God Is Giving You Exodus : 12 Niv
This is an excellent scripture that will help your teenage daughters to be respectful to you as a parent. Independence, self reliance, and challenging authority are attitudes that usually manifest themselves during the teenage years.
This Bible passage will remind daughters why they should continue to obey you. Ephesians 6:1 says, “for this is right” and Colossians 3:20 states that, “this pleases the Lord”.
You May Like: Does The Bible Talk About Purgatory
For He Will Command His Angels Concerning You To Guard You In All Your Ways Psalm : 11 Niv
As your daughter celebrates her birthday and embarks upon a new milestone, pray that God will protect her not just for the upcoming year but for many years to come.
Thank God that she has not died over the past year and ask Him to command His angels to place a special guard around her. Encourage her to find comfort in the words of Psalm 3:3, “But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high”.
There is no better birthday gift than twenty-four hours protection provided by the Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient God.
Bible Verses About Mother Against Daughter
Bible verses related to Mother Against Daughter from the King James Version by Relevance
Topics and verses are auto-generated from user searches. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
You May Like: What Do Dreams Mean In The Bible
She Opens Her Arms To The Poor And Extends Her Hands To The Needy Proverbs : 20 Niv
Involvement in ministry and service to community are two roles that a daughter-in-law may fulfill in addition to being a wife and mother.
Volunteering time and service to help the poor and the needy are two things you may do with her. This will allow you to: spend time together, bond, teach your grandchildren the importance of being kind to the less fortunate, and support a local cause.
Jesus Said ‘let The Little Children Come To Me And Do Not Hinder Them For The Kingdom Of Heaven Belongs To Such As These Matthew 1: 14 Niv
As a parent you may get to that point when your daughter tells you she wants to make a personal decision to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.In times like these your concern should not be if she is mature enough to make that decision. Jesus told His disciples, “do not hinder them”.
Accept your daughter’s decision with great joy and allow the Holy Spirit to use her. Joel 2:28 says that, “…I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy”. Encourage her and give God the praises because as Luke 15:7 states, “… there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents”.
Also Check: How Will The World End Bible