Favorite Bible Verses For When Your Kid Is Afraid
It doesn’t take a spooky holiday full of plastic ghouls and scary movies to remind us that fear is a real part of life. Perhaps this is why there are SO MANY Bible verses that speak about fear and offer comfort to us when we’re afraid.
The following verses are great to keep on hand when you have a child who is feeling anxious or afraid. Print, text, or email these verses and try reading and praying them together as a family.
What Does The Bible Say About Angels
Who are angels? How many are there? Do I have a guardian angel? Are they male or female?
The Bible does not spell out the angelic world in detail, but does leave us pieces. Lets explore what it does say and leave the rest a mystery as it is not integral to our salvation. That relies fully upon Jesus!
MORE: This text was taken from my new faith-based Instagram account, House of Palms. I hope youll come join us over on Instagram as we talk about FEAR next week!
List Of 365 Fear Not Bible Verses
- Genesis 15:1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.
- Genesis 21:17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
- Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.
- Genesis 35:17 And as she was having great difficulty in childbirth, the midwife said to her Dont despair, for you have another son
- Genesis 43:23 Its all right, he said. Dont be afraid. Your God, the God of your father, has given you treasure in your sacks I received your silver. Then he brought Simeon out to them.
- Genesis 46:3 I am God, the God of your father, he said. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.
- Genesis 50:19 But Joseph said to them, Dont be afraid. Am I in the place of God?
- Genesis 50:21 So then, dont be afraid. I will provide for you and your children. And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.
- Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.
Also Check: Where Your Heart Is Bible Verse
Fear Not: 15 Bible Verses About Overcoming Fear
7th grade. Top of the St. Louis Arch. I lean over to look down at the citythen the arch moved. Today, I know such movement to be a sign of a healthy structure because it can flex and flow with the wind. At the time, I panicked. I couldnt breathe. I was in the grip of fear, and I now have the Arch to thank for my lasting fear of heights.
What do you fear? Where and how do you fear? Where do you panic and freeze up? What makes you paralyzed?
How Can Humans Win In Spiritual Warfare
Spiritual warfare is real and it does play out on earth, but people tend to do one of two things: 1) ignore it all together or 2) give Satan too much credit and think him more powerful than he is.
The key to successful spiritual warfare is finding the biblical balance. Jesus sometimes cast demons out of people other times He healed people with no mention of the demonic. The apostle Paul instructs Christians to wage war against the sin in themselves and warns us to oppose the schemes of the devil . GotQuestions.org
Don’t Miss: Rhema Bible College Courses
Have No Fear Do Not Be Afraid
The most commonly repeated phrase in the whole Bible, in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, is Fear not! or Have no fear! or Do not be afraid! or Be not afraid!
- It is often claimed that this phrase appears exactly 365 times in the Bible, one for each day of the year! This might be an inspiring claim, but it is not biblically accurate.
- The phrase “Fear not! appears only slightly over 100 times in the Old Testament, as well as about 44 times in the New Testament .
- The exact count will depend on which Hebrew and Greek words one includes, since there are several close synonyms in each language .
- The main Greek word group expressing “fear” is the adjective phobos , the verb phobe , and the adverb aphobs .
- One can attain a higher total count if one includes biblical texts that mention people who are afraid .
- An even higher total can be attained if one also includes some positive phrases that could be considered equivalent, such as “to trust God/Jesus” or “to be at peace” or “to rest in God.”
Another closely related and very common biblical theme is that people should “fear the Lord” or have “fear of the Lord” but these ideas are not contradictory, when understood properly:
What Do Humans Naturally Fear
If we werent born with them does this mean weve learned them? In fact, thats just what it does mean. We have two innate fears which are universal and are common to all humans regardless of the society or culture into which they were born and raised. They are the fear of loud noises and the fear of falling.
Read Also: Bible Verses On Verbal Abuse
Bible Verses That Offer Encouragement Strength And Hope
1_ Philippians 4:8says, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirableif anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things.”
One way to “think about such things” is to turn to God through scripture not just when times are tough, but as often as you can. With that in mind, we invite you to prayerfully spend time with the following bible verses, and may you find the encouragement, strength and hope that you are looking for today.
2_ Colossians 3:15- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
3_ 1 Corinthians 16:13- Be on your guard stand firm in the faith be courageous be strong.
4_ Hebrews 12:1-3- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
7_ Isaiah 40:31- but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Verses That Encourage Us Or Others To Fear Not
Also Check: Emotional Abuse Bible
Is There An Angel Hierarchy
God is a God of order and authority. There is a chain of command in the angelic world. Since Christs resurrection, angels are under his direction and authority. These types of angels are mentioned in the Bible: 1) cherubim 2) seraphim 3) the four living creatures and 4) elect angels.
Michael the archangel, whose name means who is like unto God? seems to be the angelic leader. Gabriel, whose name means hero of God is an important messenger, entrusted with delivering news to Daniel, Zechariah and Mary.
Below Are 15 Verses That Help Put Our Fears Into Perspective
Memorize them. Reflect on them. Write them down. Discuss them. Sing them. May these verses give all of us perspective and reminders of Gods presence with us in and through our fears
So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my lifeof whom shall I be afraid?
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
The Lord is with me I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Peace I leave with you my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you.
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear I will help you.
Don’t Miss: Fear In Bible How Many Times
Is Fear Helpful Or Harmful
Fear can be healthy. It is programmed into your nervous system, and gives you the survival instincts you need to keep yourself safe from danger. Fear is unhealthy when it makes you more cautious than you really need to be to stay safe, and when it prevents you from doing things you would otherwise enjoy.
In The Infancy Narratives:
- Matthew 1:20b Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
- Luke 1:12-13 When Zechariah saw him, he was terrified and fear overwhelmed him. / But the angel said to him, Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will name him John.
- Luke 1:30 The angel said to her, Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
- Luke 1:74 that we, being rescued from the hands of our enemies, might serve him without fear,
- Luke 2:9-10 Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. / But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid for see–I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people:
Don’t Miss: What Foods Does The Bible Say To Eat
Bible Verses About Courage
What does the Bible say about courage? – Scripture Quotes on Courage
May these Bible verses about courage inspire you to “be strong and courageous” as scripture tells us. We can be encouraged by these Bible quotes that remind us that God is with us and no matter what we face, we are more than conquerers through Jesus Christ. May you find rest as you call upon God, the only true source of strength in this world.
We must remember we are made in the image of God and were given “a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” We all face times of uncertainty and fear, but God has called us to rise above the hardship and find hope in Him. You were made to be courageous! Read over these Scripture quotes and be reminded of who you are in the Christ and the eternal security that you have as a child of God!
Browse this collection of Bible verses about courage that we hope will strengthen your faith and embolden your spirit.
A Prayer for Courage
Jesus Teaches His Disciples In Jerusalem:
- Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars see that you are not alarmed for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
- Mark 13:7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed this must take place, but the end is still to come.
- Luke 21:9 When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified for these things must take place first, but the end will not follow immediately.
Recommended Reading: Do Not Dwell In The Past Bible
Verses That Say Be Not Afraid
Bible Verses For Anxiety And Worry
I read words – of life – of truth. Soaking them in, over and over, praying them out loud. Until they became so familiar, they replaced the other things in my mind that Id battled against. Theres nothing magical about words and verses, but there is power through them because theyre Gods words.
Change happened. Anxious thoughts began to diminish. Worry let go of its constant grip. And though fear is sometimes still there, it no longer wields control, holding me back, paralyzing me in its grasp.
His words are life words, soothing to our soul, calming to our spirits, giving power to our days.
Its not always easy, and it often comes down to a choice:
- Choosing not to allow fear and anxiety to control your life.
- Choosing to guard your heart.
- Choosing to focus your mind on what is true in the midst of uncertain times.
We might still feel afraid, but we can believe that God is with us. We may not be in control, but we can trust the One who is. We may not know the future, but we can know the God who does.
Verses That Say Fear Thou Not