What Does God Say About Helping Others
1. Romans 15:2-3 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didnt live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.
2. Isaiah 58:10-11 Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
3. Deuteronomy 15:11 There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need.
4. Acts 20:35 By all these things, I have shown you that by working in this way we must help the weak, and remember the words of the Lord Jesus that he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
5. Luke 6:38 Give, and you will receive. You will be given much. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over, it will spill into your lap. The way you give to others is the way God will give to you.
6. Luke 12:33-34 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
The Gift Of Helping Others
10. Romans 12:8 If it is to encourage, then give encouragement if it is giving, then give generously if it is to lead, do it diligently if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
11. 1 Peter 4:11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
It Is A Commandment Not An Advice
Helping others is not a piece of advice it is a commandment of God.
At all times, we must stick to the true gospel of God, which has its foundation built on love.
We are all recipients of love and must reciprocate this kind gesture to others in need.
Jesus, when speaking to his disciples, reminded them to love one another.
Yes, we must put ourselves in the shoes of others.
We must help the poor in the best possible way we can.
Ignoring or leaving them in their misery is ungodly and sinful.
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another
Also Check: What Is The Catholic Bible Called
But A Samaritan As He Traveled Came Where The Man Was And When He Saw Him He Took Pity On Him He Went To Him And Bandaged His Wounds Pouring On Oil And Wine Then He Put The Man On His Own Donkey Brought Him To An Inn And Took Care Of Him Luke : 3334 Niv
The story of the good Samaritan teaches many lessons about being helpful to ill or injured individuals. Some of these lessons are:
- We ought to treat the infirmed as if they are our favorite family member or friend.
- We should not neglect others because they are strangers.
- We should be mindful of how we would like others to treat us if we are unwell and in need of their assistance.
Jesus says we are to treat every person as if he or she is our neighbor. He pointed out that being neighborly means showing mercy and compassion even to strangers or our enemies.
In Everything I Did I Showed You That By This Kind Of Hard Work We Must Help The Weak Remembering The Words The Lord Jesus Himself Said: ‘it Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive Acts : 35 Niv
Showing empathy and extending a helping hand to individuals who are sick is a blessing to both the recipient and the one who performs the act of kindness.
The ill recipient will receive needed medical attention and care. In addition he or she will appreciate the compassion shown. The giver will feel a sense of fulfillment while also being blessed by the Lord.
Don’t Miss: What The Bible Says About Truth
Whoever Is Kind To The Poor Lends To The Lord And He Will Reward Them For What They Have Done Proverbs 1: 17 Niv
When He was here on earth, Jesus had compassion on poor people and the less fortunate. He wants us to show the same loving kindness and tender mercies to others who need financial assistance. In helping others financially we are making an investment in God Himself.
Willingly serving those who are poor and needy with their finances will please the Lord. He will also recognize your act of mercy by rewarding you for what you have done. In Matthew 5:7 Jesus declared, “Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy”.
Bible Verses About Helping Others
Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Then the King will say to those on His right, Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink I was a stranger, and you invited Me in naked, and you clothed Me I was sick, and you visited Me I was in prison, and you came to Me.read more.Then the righteous will answer Him, Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?The King will answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.
Also Check: Why Was The King James Bible Written
For I Was Hungry And You Gave Me Something To Eat I Was Thirsty And You Gave Me Something To Drink I Was A Stranger And You Invited Me In I Needed Clothes And You Clothed Me I Was Sick And You Looked After Me I Was In Prison And You Came To Visit Me Then The Righteous Will Answer Him ‘lord When Did We See You Hungry And Feed You Or Thirsty And Give You Something To Drink Matthew 2: 35
This text is an excellent illustration of how we should treat others. It also points to the fact that the way we treat each other is a direct reflection of how we treat God.
We are expected to be caring and sympathetic to the needs of those around us because this is how God treats us. Those who are not willing to share their food and clothes with others will have to give an account for their actions. This is because not treating others the way God expects us to has serious implications on our eternal destiny.
Therefore Go And Make Disciples Of All Nations Baptizing Them In The Name Of The Father And Of The Son And Of The Holy Spirit And Teaching Them To Obey Everything I Have Commanded You And Surely I Am With You Always To The Very End Of The Age Matthew 2: 1920 Niv
The gospel commission provides both an instruction and the encouragement needed to help others find God. We should take a vested interest in having others join the fellowship of faith. In doing so we are to assume the roles of disciples who will go near and far to spread the good news and lead others to Christ.
The work of a disciple is not an easy one and that is why Jesus has promised that He will never leave or forsake us as we commit to doing His work and being helpful to others.
Whoever Serves Me Must Follow Me And Where I Am My Servant Also Will Be My Father Will Honor The One Who Serves Me John 1: 26 Niv
In order to help others find God we have to know who He is and have an intimate relationship with Him. That is why this scripture passage expects all who serve the Lord not only to follow Him but to be close to Him.
As servants of the Most High we must follow the Lord, stick to Him, and help others to follow Him. Be encouraged to help others because all who take up the mantle to serve in humility will one day be honored by God.
Heal The Sick Raise The Dead Cleanse Those Who Have Leprosy Drive Out Demons Freely You Have Received Freely Give Matthew : 8 Niv
This verse is another reminder that we should always pay attention to those who are sick and in need of our assistance.
We were handpicked to do God’s work and be His hands and feet.
God has willingly blessed us with good health and other bounties and He wants us to freely give of our time, resources, and compassion to others.
You May Like: What Does The Bible Say About Character
Bible Verses About Giving To Others
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 13:16
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. Luke 6:38
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35
Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you. Matthew 5:42
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of Gods varied grace 1 Peter 4:10
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Romans 12:13
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse. Proverbs 28:27
Give And It Will Be Given To You A Good Measure Pressed Down Shaken Together And Running Over Will Be Poured Into Your Lap For With The Measure You Use It Will Be Measured To You Luke : 38 Niv
This Bible verse reminds us to give to others liberally. We should strive to do more than the bare minimum when we devote our time, talent or resources towards assisting others.
Our attitude of giving and being helpful to others is related to our blessings and how the Lord will reward our good works. If we are liberal, He will open the windows of heaven and pour blessings upon us. If we are stingy He will withhold His bounties from us.
Don’t Miss: All Saints Catholic Church Mass Times
Creative Ways To Help Others Today
Opportunities for helping others are all around us every day. We can find the best ways to help by asking the Holy Spirit to guide us to opportunities where our interests and talents meet other peoples needs in our communities. The possibilities for helping others are limitless. Here are ten examples of creative ways to help others:
1. Share your skills by offering free workshops or classes through a local library or recreation center, teaching people what you know about a certain topic .
2. Donate to a food bank, or cook and deliver a meal to someone you know personally.
3. Offer rides to medical appointments or the grocery store to elderly people who can no longer drive.
4. Read books to young children you know, or help busy parents by offering free childcare so they can go on dates.
5. Volunteer at a local animal shelter, or adopt another pet into your family.
6. If you play a musical instrument, play music for someone you know would enjoy hearing it.
7. Volunteer to help maintain trails at a local park, or to mow your neighbors yards for free.
8. Write personal messages in cards to mail to people who need encouragement.
9. Clear out items you dont need from your home and donate them all to a charity you support.
10. Mentor one person who you can help with either spiritual growth or career development.
Inspirational Bible Quotes About Helping People
READ ALSO: Bible verses on fruitfulness
- Matthew 5:42: Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
- Deuteronomy 15:11: For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.
- Matthew 5:16: In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- James 1:27: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
- Romans 12:13: Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
- Proverbs 3:27: Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
Recommended Reading: Does The Bible Say Anything About Slavery
Help Us Help The Homeless
Homeless people are among the most vulnerable in the country. Help us make life better for them. Our Fathers House Soup Kitchen is serving hot lunches to the homeless in an environment free from judgment and discrimination. We also provide them with clothing items and hygiene kits. Any donation, whether in cash or in-kind, will be a huge help to get them through these trying times. Visit our homepage to learn more about how you can help.
Donate To The Poor & Homeless Of South Florida Online
Our Fathers House Soup Kitchen has fed the poor and homeless in South Florida over 900,000 hot meals since 1993. Our 501 non profit organization also collects and distributes donations such as clothing, toiletries, shoes, bicycles, and more. You can donate to help the poor and homeless through our website.
Be A Channel Of His Blessings
God blesses us so that we can be a channel of blessing towards others. So lets continue to live our life according to Gods purpose. Dont let our selfish motives hinder us from lending our help to the people around us. You can check your heart and ask yourself about your top priorities and where your resources go. Take note, helping others is pleasing to the Lord. Let these short yet meaningful Bible verses about helping others serve as our daily reminder of why it is important to have compassion for others.
Whatever the things we do to give and serve the people around us, lets do it wholeheartedly. Let our motives be covered with pure love, genuine motives, and generosity. God loves a cheerful servant. Whether big or small, your help will positively impact the lives of the people were helping. If you want to make a vast difference to the world, you can start by treating the people around you with love, kindness, graciousness, and generosity. Let them see and feel Gods amazing love through you.
Also Check: God Never Changes Bible Verse Kjv
Do Not Withhold Good From Those To Whom It Is Due When It Is In Your Power To Act Proverbs : 27 Niv
You should be willing and ready to share with others once you are in a position to do so. That means effort should be made to assist those who may not be your friends, family or close associates. Your deeds of kindness to: strangers, those who oppose you or individuals who ill-treat you will not go unrecognized by the Lord.