More Posts With Bible Verses For Encouragement
3 Bible Verses for When You Are Falsely Accused There is little else that compares to the pain involved when you are falsely accused. Ive experienced this several times in my life and felt the heart break involved. As Christians, we know that God fights for us and we have ultimate victory. We cling to these promises during times of wrongful accusation. Here are 3 Bible verses for when you are falsely accused.
10 Bible Verses of Hope for When You Have Physical Pain I wont begin to give trite, easy answers for how to cope with ongoing pain, but I do know that God provides peace that goes beyond our human understanding. Use these 10 Bible verses for hope when you have physical pain.
10 Bible Verses for the Overwhelmed Special Needs Mom Special needs moms here are 10 encouraging Bible verses to offer you hope, encouragement, and peace.
7 Bible Verses about Trusting in the Lord Bible verses about trusting in the Lord, including an awesome new free printable and why these verses mean so much.
When I Am Afraid Bible Verses
Fear and anxieties do their best to keep us from doing things out of our comfort zones.
There are some fears that keep us afraid to do anything!
Trusting God is what helps us when we are afraid. He is greater than anything we can face. God has made sure that we have reminders in His Word to assure us to fear not and do not be afraid. You will find 365 times these words are used throughout the Bible as an example of how the Lord feels about fear and being afraid. thats like a vitamin a day for the year.
We pulled together 7 Bible verses to remember when you feel afraid.
Bible Verses About Hope Over Fear
And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.Psalm 39:7
Why are you cast down, O my soul,and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God for I shall again praise him,my salvation and my God. Psalm 43:5
For you, O Lord, are my hope,my trust, O Lord, from my youth. Psalm 71:5
Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:2
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13
That you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might Ephesians 1:18-19
Read Also: How Many Times Bible Says Fear Not
God Is With You When You Are Afraid
The best source of comfort and peace when faced with uncertain and scary situations is knowing God is right there with you. He promises to never leave.
6. Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up the flames will not consume you.
7. So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.
8. You are my hiding place will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
9. Say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear your God will come, he will come with vengeance with divine retribution he will come to save you.
There Is No Fear In Love
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
John wants us to understand that as love is perfected, fear is driven out. As we learn to love God with all our hearts, soul, and mind, and love our neighbors as ourselves, we start letting go of so many of the self-protective concerns that motivate and drive us. Love drowns out our doubts, dread, and despair.
That’s why as we seek the kingdom of God first, everything else falls into place. Many of the negative traits and behaviors we try to pull out one by one would fall away if we put that energy into loving God and seeking His kingdom.
Don’t Miss: Do Unto Others As Bible
Examples Of Being Scared In The Bible
21. 1 Chronicles 28:20 David also said to Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.
22. Deuteronomy 7:20-21 Moreover Yahweh your God will send the hornet among them, until those who are left, and hide themselves, perish from before you. You shall not be scared of them for Yahweh your God is in the midst of you, a great and awesome God.
23. Deuteronomy 20:2-4 It shall be, when you draw near to the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak to the people,and shall tell them, Hear, Israel, you draw near this day to battle against your enemies: dont let your heart faint dont be afraid, nor tremble, neither be scared of them for Yahweh your God is he who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
24. Jeremiah 14:9 Why should you be like a scared man, as a mighty man who cant save? Yet you, Yahweh, are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name dont leave us.
25. John 6:20 but he called out to them, Dont be afraid. I am here!
Fear And Anxieties Are Real And Make Us Afraid But They Are Not Always Our Reality
What do we mean by that?
We may be afraid that we are not loved, but that is not our reality. We are loved by God.
As a Christian, can be afraid that everyone will reject you, but in Christ, you have been accepted into His family.
In you are afraid, you might feel worthless and of no value, but the reality is that God feels strongly for you. He gave His Son, Jesus, to save you.
Understand that we are not making light of fear and anxieties. We are only providing insight into the emotions of fear and how God wants us to seek Him and find help in those moments.
There are fears that build into anxiety that can halt us. These anxieties can be helped through better habits, diet, medicines or counseling.
Sometimes we can experience an imbalance in our bodies and need assistance to regulate. Seeking help is a good thing!
Also Check: What Does The Bible Say About Hair
He Delivered Me From My Fears
I sought the Lord, and he answered me he delivered me from all my fears.Those who look to him are radiant their faces are never covered with shame.
When it comes to tackling the topic of fear and anxiety, the Psalms are rich. It’s interesting to note that this book was basically the Jewish hymnal. These were poems and songs of praise, worship, and comfort. And throughout the Psalms are beautiful reminders that God will deliver us from our fears.
Why Should We Fear God Bible Verse
The Bible urges us to fear God. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge . Having an appropriate reverence and holy respect for God is the beginning point for all true knowledge about spiritual realities. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God .
Read Also: Bible Verse Do Unto Others As You
Other Translations For Mark : 40
And he said vnto them, Why are ye so fearefull? How is it that you haue no faith?– King James Version – View 1611 Bible ScanAnd He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”– New American Standard Version And he said unto them, Why are ye fearful? have ye not yet faith?– American Standard Version And he said to them, Why are you full of fear? have you still no faith?– Basic English BibleAnd he said to them, Why are ye fearful? how ye have not faith?– Darby BibleAnd he said to them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? – Webster’s BibleWhy are you so timid? He asked “have you still no faith?”– Weymouth BibleHe said to them, “Why are you so afraid? How is it that you have no faith?”– World English BibleAnd he seide to hem, What dreden ye? `Ye han no feith yit? And thei dredden with greet drede, and seiden `ech to other, Who, gessist thou, is this? for the wynde and the see obeschen to hym.– Wycliffe Bibleand he said to them, `Why are ye so fearful? how have ye not faith?’– Youngs Literal Bible
God Provides Courage If We Look To Him
God promises to give us just what we need to get through any fearful time. We must simply look to Him as our provider and rescuer and trust Him.
1. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2. Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
3. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received Gods Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, Abba, Father.
4. So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
5. I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.
Also Check: What Does Bible Say About Cremation Vs Burial
Do Not Be Afraid Mary
Twice in the same chapter, Gabriel visits two different Israelites to inform them what God is doing. In both instances, they respond with fear and have to be comforted by the angel. Scripturally speaking, fear is often the first response to a divine experience, which would explain why “fear not” is such a frequently spoken admonition.
When God calls you, it’s often outside of your comfort zone. But you don’t have to be afraid, He is with you.
If God Is For You Who Can Be Against You
6. Exodus 14:14 The LORD is fighting for you! So be still!
7. Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The LORD is my lifes fortress. Who is there to be afraid of?
8. Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side I will not fear. What can man do to me?
9. Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
Don’t Miss: What Does God Say About Protecting Israel
Fear Not Bible Verses For Faith
And Jesus answered them, Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. ~ Hebrews 11:6
For nothing will be impossible with God. ~ Luke 1:37
What Are The Qualities Of A God Fearing Man
Here are some characteristics of a godly man:
- He Keeps His Heart Pure. Oh, those stupid temptations!
- He Keeps His Mind Sharp. A Godly man desires to be wise so he can make good choices.
- He Has Integrity. A Godly man is one that puts an emphasis on his own integrity.
- He Works Hard.
You May Like: What Does Bible Say About Cremation Vs Burial
Under His Wings You Will Find Refuge
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day.
The metaphor for God as a protective bird caring for her young is seen throughout Scripture. Even Jesus appeals to this word picture when He tells Jerusalem, “… how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing” .
It’s a beautiful image of God as a shelter. When chicks are afraid or in danger, the nurturing mother draws them in and hides them from the peering eyes of predators. God isn’t an emotionally distant sanctuary, He’s more like a caring mother protecting her young.
How Do You Comfort Someone Who Is Afraid Of Dying
How to Talk to Someone Who’s Dying of Cancer
Bible Verses About Peace Overcoming Fear
May the Lord give strength to his people!May the Lord bless his people with peace! Psalm 29:11
When a mans ways please the Lord,he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
Peace I leave with you my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15
Here Are 32 Bible Verses To Help Fight Fear And Anxiety And To Remind You That God Is Always In Control
Luke 12:22-26Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Psalm 27:1The Lord is my light and my salvationwhom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my lifeof whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 55:22Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you he will never let the righteous fall.
Deuteronomy 31:6Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Isaiah 41:13-14For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you, declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
Psalm 46:1God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 118:6-7The Lord is with me I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me he is my helper. Proverbs 29:25Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
Psalm 34:7The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
You May Like: What The Bible Says About Loneliness
A Prayer Against Faithless Fears
O most loving Father, you want us to give thanks for all things, to dread nothing but losing you, and to cast all our anxiety on you because you care for us. Preserve us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties and grant that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from us the light of that love which is immortal, and which you have shown us in your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen